Water Intake

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Can a cat get too much water intake? Just curious...
    I add hot water to all their food, just wonder if I should do that all the time? I don't want them to have to constantly go to the litter box due to all the extra water if it is not healthy. Any thoughts?

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I don't supplement my cats food with water. They have a water bowl but hardly ever drink as they seem to get more than enough from their food. I doubt you are oversupplementing but you can always cut back.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know about hot water, but I do add filtered regular temp water to their food all the time. It helps keep the kidneys flowing nicely.

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Thank you to you both for replying))) This helps :D
    I think I may cut back a little & d0 the filtered water too.

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

we have a filtered water faucet on our kitchen sink. I make it so it is only dripping water, and then I run the bowl in a circle under it. It wets it just enough. Of course, that is just for mocha, as twix eats dry food. No problem there, twix just helps herself to hopping up on the counter and licking the drip straight from the source!

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I always add lukewarm water to all my wet food. Most of my cats act like they don't know how to eat if I don't mush it up with water. Plus a couple of mine always suffer from constipation and adding the extra water is necessary. Actually all of them do better with extra water for LB issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.