way more salt than pepper :/

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Snoops mom, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

Raven is soo full of dandruff!! I have never seen a cat with this much dandruff before. (dead skin cells, I think is what it really is- lots and lots of dead skin)

does any one know if this is a sign of a health problem and if so, what?

I've been waiting for it to warm up so I can give her a bath. Not sure what to use for shampoo, though.

it's gotten so I don't like to have her sleeping with me, she's just dropping dead skin everywhere, it's gross.

she's always had some at the base of her tail, but now she's got it everywhere, even up by her head.

the air in my house is not dry, it's actually usually a bit too humid (I get a fair amount of mold growing in the bathroom :roll: )

none of the other cats is all dandruff-y like she is, but everyone is shedding up a storm. we had some unusually warm weather before it got cold again, and they started shedding pre maturely (I seem to recall that April is usually the worst month for shedding and hair balls)

any suggestions to improve her coat and what to bathe her in, greatly appreciated

thanks

2. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Baby shampoo is often used in cats. The dandruff could be dry skin, allergies, etc. I used Vitamin E capsules with my guys (Rambo was bad for that). I just squeezed the contents of one 100iu capsule over his food a couple of times a week. Fish oil capsules are also very good.

Is she scratching at it? If not, it's probably not dermatitis or allergies.

3. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

For bathing my allergist recommends an oatmeal shampoo.

4. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

meh, she does not like the vit e or the fish oil.......

5. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

that sounds good, I was just thinking about how much my rats love oatmeal, if I gave her a bath with that, maybe I could have them groom her afterward LOL
    just kidding of course, but they are very clean little animals, the rats are- they groom themselves more often my cats do (well except Sheldon, he's always grooming himself or any one else who will let him LOL)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.