Way past shot time, can't find him!! Midnight: still gone...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shirley and Ragnar, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirley and Ragnar

Shirley and Ragnar Member

I've had his syringe filled for an hour and a half, and the little bug- - I mean lover, is sleeping in an inaccessable spot he has. He decided to go and take his nap just as I was filling the syringe. :roll: I have no choice but wait until he decides to get up, and give the shot then. I suppose I will have to give it 12 hours later tomorrow, and gradually work back to the preferred time, maybe 15 minutes earlier a day.

Question - is it OK to use that insulin? It's been reasonably cool, in the syringe since 10 central time. It isn't easy to get exactly 1/2 unit in a 100 syringe; I did it this time, but am already getting a little bleary eyed and might not be able to measure it again as accurately.

Another question - I think I already know the answer: as I said above, I'll have to work back gradually to his proper time. I know I can't give it again in, say, 10 hours after he wakes up.

I don't have a spreadsheet yet but have the info. His numbers are already way, way down!! :smile: They are:

May 4: 7:30 PM - 246

May 5: 12 AM 393
    9:30 AM 408
    9:30 PM 500
    Shot 1/2 unit

May 6: 9:30 AM 193
    Shot 1/2 unit
    3 PM 232

So he's coming down already. Now if I can only find him!

Blessings,

Shirley and the little bugger confused_cat

PS: Just adding a little while I wait for Sleeping Beauty to wake up. I just read the sticky on shooting low numbers, and Dr. Jen said to shoot unless it was below 70!!! I called the clinic today and asked her before shooting him at 193, and she said the point not to shoot was 70 - seems a little low, though it was his usual reading during the year he was OTJ. Of course, he's only getting 1/2 unit now... comments??

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: Way past shot time, can't find him!!

you can't lure him out with treats? lol!

i wouldn't, but i know others that have.

the next shot is due in 12 hours from whenever you give this shot. however, you may be able to shoot about an hour early in the morning if the numbers are high enough. without a spreadsheet, i can't really give you a number...

here in LL, we do not recommend shooting on double digits until you have the data to support your decisions.

3. Shirley and Ragnar

Shirley and Ragnar Member

Re: Way past shot time, can't find him!!

I agree, it was scary enough to shoot at 193 - though it went up over 200 later in the day, so the doctor was right. I'd be afraid to shoot with double digits though - I'd probably measure a very small half unit indeed...

Blessings!

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

you shouldn't be worried about shooting anything over around 180 at this point. as you collect more data and get used to his response you'll feel more comfortable shooting lower preshot numbers. and if you don't, we'll just yell, " SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!" :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.