We are still here

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by seamist, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamist

seamist Member

I am up at 2:30 in the morning because this is the only time I can get stuff done, as the busy mom of a toddler who only sleeps when he is being held. I am not complaining, just explaining. My son is the joy of my life and a miracle baby after 10 years of failed infertility treatments.

Sasha is doing well, and very happy. His numbers had gone way up, so I switched him to a new Lantus cartridge, and they went back down. I still have a problem getting blood. If I poke 5 times and don't get enough blood, I give up. I got him some toys because he needs to play more now that he is feeling better. He likes the panic mouse 360. I also let him go outside if it is not too cold, or if he escapes when I am coming in. He loves the outdoors even in the Minnesota winter. As a kitten I named him Sasha because he looks like a Siberian Tiger, and I guess grew into the name.

I have been suffering from tinnitus since October, so it is hard to sit here and type with the ringing so loud. (No cure) But I want to say how thankful I am that there are people like those of you on the FDMB who care so much about other creatures, and have helped our family be able to keep Sasha alive and in our home. And a special thank you to Carolyn and Amy who braved the Siberian winter night of Minnesota to come help us, and to Venita and the Cats in need Fund for getting Sasha veterinary care, and to Carol who helped me get insulin, and Cindy who got me the starter supplies and connected me with everyone else... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

2. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Do you still warm the ear? Try counting an extra 10 during warming. It made a big difference for me.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

also if you're doing multiple pokes, do them as close together and hopefully that will pool enough blood for you to get a test.

4. seamist

seamist Member

I am doing multiple pokes next to each other, and it looks like I am shredding his ear. So that is why I stop at five if I don't get enough blood for a sample.

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It's nice to see you again. I'm glad Sasha is happy. I gave my cats the Panic Mouse for Christmas about 5 years ago, and J.D. claimed it as his. He pulled the wand off that connects the tail, and often brings it to bed with him. He has some strange connection to that wand.
    I don't know if this will help, but it's what I've always done. J.D.'s ears are black on the outside and white on the inside. There is a lot less fur on the inside, so I've always tested on the inside of his ear. And, I find that one ear bleeds a whole lot faster and easier than the other one does. I still switch from ear to ear every few days, just to give one a rest. I used the rice sock in the beginning, too.
    Hope you come back and visit and post more often. Saturday's are good days to post, if you only post once in a while.
    See you soon :D

6. seamist

seamist Member

Thank you. I do test on the inside of the ear, it never occurred to me not too. Sometimes the ear bleeds on the first poke, and sometimes it never bleeds more than a trace amount. I have yet to figure out the pattern.

Why are Saturdays a good day to post?

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.