We are worried about Mr. Jess

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Simon & Sam, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon & Sam

Simon & Sam Member

I haven't posted on the Health Board for some time. Robyn and Phoebe have, thankfully, enjoyed good health. Mr. Jess came over with Ann last October and he integrated so well with Robyn and Phoebe. There has been no flying fur and now they snuggle up to each other to sleep.

Mr. Jess is a sixteen year old male neutered tux. He is generally in good health but recently we have noticed a small swelling on his back. When we pushed back his fur we found a red spot a few millimetres in diameter. There is no discharge and Mr. Jess doesn't mind if we touch it when we are stroking him. He appears to be in no discomfort from it and his gehereral health remains good. He is eating well and is very active for his age. He shows no signs of withdrawal and is as friendly as always, constantly looking to sit beside one of his human family on the sofa.

He is a photograph of the swelling. I apologise for the poor quality. It was hard to focus the image and move Jess' fur back while reassuring him at the same time:

[​IMG]

We would be grateful for any advice regarding what it might be and what action we should take.

Thank you.

Love

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Simon, the best action would be to take him to the vet and have someone look at it.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I agree that a vet visit is in order. Could it be an insect (spider?) bite?

4. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Any update on Mr. Jess?

5. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Simon - I've been looking for an update on Mr. Jess also - is he okay -what's going on with his red mark (bite?).

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.