? We had a 39 today with a dose of 0.50. NOW VOMITS AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Silvina, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvina

Silvina Member

This is last thread.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-used-rapid-this-morning.160326/#post-1715234

Im not sure what is going on, but I know life is getting complicated and I think I do complicate my life a little bit.

Forstering a cat with a huge tumor, having him in the bathroom, giving him 7 meds, losing slobber (sorry, Im not sure if this is the correct word, its the saliva that falls from his mouthg) and also blood.

Im hagppy since cancer treatment is working but this came at the very wors time in my life. Plus mom and dad. God knows why this is going on or why I get involved in this.

In this setting, Markies is having this weird symtpoms. His glucose today was 39! his dose was 0.50 (his lowest dose). he is very quiet, not movimg much. Not happy. I have to catificate this house. But economical crisis will make things worst. Im hanging on to my faith, hope I don't lose it.

Sorry for venting girls.

Then, about Markies BG he was 39 today. I got home to test him (after visiting dad who is starting his thier chemo) and I will be whith him Thursday. I gave markies honey in his gums, then little honey with his whiskas, then he ate little whiskas pouch.

He went up to 99 and then continued going up.

At dosing time he was 303 or so.. ate and vomit a huge one. With plenty of water. I will have to take him to the vet tomorrow for iv fluids and for cerenia. So far I didn't do it, he was showitn good behavior, he seemed ok.

I just need to recognize that FISH is not good for him, nor tunna nor salmon. He vomited after little of tunna but he loves it.

So, now Im here updating his log.

Silvi

Wednesday morning we have endocrinologist appointment. Hope she can figure out what is going on.

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Has he had honey before? Sometimes the extra sweetness can upset their tummy, especially if it's already irritated.

Didn't you get a vial of Cerenia so you could give him a shot of it? Are you saying you didn't use it because he seemed better after he threw up?

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Many cats have fish alergies. It's really not good for them either. Can you give fluids at home? It's so much less stressful. :bighug:

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I know Smokey reacts to the gravy in the foods. Prayers Markies settles down today.

5. Silvina

Silvina Member

I have Cerenia at home but this bottle is in the drawer since a Year. Although it says its due dat is in 2017 I read on the internet that you have to dispose it one month after you start using it, so I decided not to use it and wait.

He had honey before. I was scared of even lower numbers that's why I used a little of honey.

I will take both cats to the vet today.

HE didn't vomit again. So cross fingers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.