We have fresh Lantus, etc to give to someone in Palm Springs CA area

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ellen and Woody, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen and Woody

Ellen and Woody Member

Sadly, we had to send our diabetic cat Woody on ahead last Wednesday. He also had IBD and possibly lymphoma of the bowel. Just five weeks earlier we had to say goodbye to our 22 1/2 year old Lewis, who had chronic kidney failure. This means we have several Rx drugs we would like to pass on so they do not got to waste.
    We NEVER re-used insulin needles and have kept the Lantus in the fridge since we bought at local Costco in mid December. The vial was over $300 and is over half full. In addition to the Lantus insulin, we have a recent Rx of compounded budesonide capsules and two unopened bottles of Azodyl (probiotic for kidney failure-caused toxins) to give (for free!) to anyone in our cat-care community who lives in the Palm Springs, CA area or can travel to meet me, as the insulin and Azodyl require refrigeration.
    Please let me know if I can help by donating these precious drugs to a deserving kitty!
    You can check with my vet to make sure we are legit... Will give contact info. She is at Desert VCA in Pam Springs.
    Ellen

2. Kerri2455

Kerri2455 Member

I am so sorry for your loss! My diabetic is at the vets today getting an ultrasound and I am praying he doesn't have lymphoma and its IBD. May i ask what food you used for your baby with IBD? I was told to use a novel protein but want to ensure its also diabetic friendly.

I'm in San Diego so not close but do use Lantus. If possible to overnight I could send a FedEx slip to you via email that you can use to send insulin in if you can bubble wrap? Its cold enough it should be ok. If not, hopefully someone close can come get it.

My sincere condolences on both of your losses. :(

Kerri

3. Ellen and Woody

Ellen and Woody Member

Hi Kerry,
    I never tried any special food for Woody. It was hard enough to get him to eat anything. I am happy to send you the insulin if you send me a FedX slip. I will bubble wrap and put with ice packs. I can also give you our Budesonide, 1 mg delayed release capsules. Just filled by my compounding pharmacy on Feb 4. Ask your vet if Oliver has IBD and if she/he will be prescribing that. It's usually prednisolone for IBD but diabetics get budesonide instead. Once you know I can send one drug or both. Let me know and then we can arrange. Happy to have these drugs help out another cat and person!

4. Kerri2455

Kerri2455 Member

Hi Ellen,
    We just got our ultrasound done yesterday and it all checks out ok so the vet is switching foods to a more high fiber food but I will ask about the Budesonide and see if that might be something to try. She put him on Metronizadole to see if that clears things up but his fecal was neg so my guess is IBD but the ultrasound didn't pick up on any inflammation or anything that might lead them to suspect this as a diagnosis and we didn't do the biopsy.

THANK YOU!
    I will be in touch and can send a private message to get your address.

Kerri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.