We lost the battle

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Genlilliana, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genlilliana

Genlilliana New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that our sweet Barney took a turn for the worst at the end of last week. The pancreatitis, diabetes and whatever else he had going on were just too much for his body. After a week of no improvement and all of our best efforts, we made the decision to stop his suffering on Monday afternoon. I am happy to report that he did get some special outside time where he chased some leaves and rolled in the pavement in the sun. He was thoroughly exhausted afterwards and slept at the vets office when we went. Although I am so sad about his passing, I am so happy he is no longer in pain, wasting away and generally sick.

We are doing well with his brother, diabetes and health are good so I'll be back here again...just wanted to update and thank you all for your support and advice. It was a rough week and heartbreaking, but for the best.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Sorry you lost him :(, but it is good that he is no longer in pain. :bighug:

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you. I wish you peace and comfort.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace Sweet Barney:rb_icon:

5. Megan and Tessie

Megan and Tessie Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! It sounds like his last day was a happy one.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I;m sorry you've lost your kitty. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

7. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

I'm so sorry.

8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that Barney is chasing leaves in the sunshine & no more pain!! I’m sorry for your loss... cat_wings>o

monty_dweezil (GA) likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry of your loss of your friend.

11. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

It is what we all hope for isn't it. That we leave this planet sleepily having just done something we love.

Barney has taken his leaves and sunshine with him.

Hugs :bighug:

12. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss

13. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry it was Barney's time to go to the Bridge. That last gift of love is always the hardest one to give, but I know Barney is happy that you let him go with love and dignity. He will live on in your heart until you are reunited at the Rainbow Bridge. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Barney, and land softlycat_wings>o

14. felicia__nicole

felicia__nicole Member

So sorry for your loss.

15. Laly&Kitiara

Laly&Kitiara Member

I am so sorry about Barney. However, I am glad he had that nice time in out on a sunny day rolling around and chasing leaves. That image actually brought tears to my eyes. It seems a good celebration of his life, specially with you there for him. I also think it seems a very peaceful way to go sleeping after a nice day in the sun next to the mommy who loved him so much. It still hurts though and I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I'd like to think he is now somewhere else still rolling in the sun right and still chasing leaves but free of pain and full of energy. kind regards

16. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, fly free Barney :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

17. allison and Bubbles

allison and Bubbles Member

I didnt know you and Barney but I can sense the love you had for him...beautiful image of him taking in the sun and leaves before he left...sending hugs...

18. monty_dweezil (GA)

monty_dweezil (GA) Member

I'm so sorry that beautiful furbaby Barney had to cross the bridge...but it seems he may have almost been ready. Rolling in the leaves under the warm sun...like he was free and happy over that bridge already, ahead of time.

It's actually harder for all of us left behind than it is for our furries. I ache for my baby Dweezy all the time and it's been 7 weeks since he crossed over in our arms of love.

19. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So sorry for your loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.