week 2 with Boris

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Patti and Merlin, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

I hope you don't mind me posting about Boris here. I know he's not hi dose...actually I could use all your thoughts tho... :D
    First a link to some pics tho:
    [​IMG]

Then heres' his numbers:

1/16
    1am (+8) = 110
    5am(+12)= 153…0.25u *gave reduced dose here as he went so long and is still just in shootable range
    11am(+6)= 153....0.25u *again only gave a reduced dose
    1pm (+2) = 163
    3pm (+4) = 168
    5:30pm(+6.5)= 177…0.75units
    7:30pm(+2)= 137
    12MN(+6.5)= 63
    24 hour totals = 1.05 units

1/17
    5am (+7.5) = 109
    9am (+13.5) = 122
    11am(+15.5)= 117
    1-m(+17.5)= 126
    4pm(+20.5)= 124
    8pm(+24.5)= 113

1/18
    1am(+29.5)= 132
    5:30am(=34)= 130
    9:30am(+38)= 135
    12N(=40.5)= 126

1/19
    2am(+54.5)= 118

1/20
    11am = 145

1/21
    9am = 118

:lol: :lol: :lol: :RAHCAT :dizcat
    Nancy - I think it's because he didn't want me to have to learn to do a spreadsheet dancing_cat haha_smiley laptop_smiley Can you all believe it!!!???

We are still working on his coat - still lots of mats but we are getting them out little by little. He has fit in sooo easily here. We are totally in love with him! He still is more a nibbler when it comes to eating. We're trying to get him to eat 2 meals a day like the rest of the cats but that will come.

I just so had to share it with all of you - my most favorite of hi dose families!!! :mrgreen:

2. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Patti,
    Oh my gosh, Boris looks like my Little Girl!!!! :eek:
    Are those pictures at your house and are those all your Baby's???? I wish I had a setup like that!!!
    What was Boris's BG when you first brought him home.??? He must not have been very high, or you just have the "magic" touch!!!! :lol:

Might give you a call tomorrow ;-) ;-)
    Please read my tonight PMPS post if you can, and give me some input!!!

Thanks
    Jan :YMHUG:

3. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Patti,
    What a total cutey, and I love those pictures. Now I have something else to figure out... :lol:

and you-- magical touch. Absolutely fantastic readings!

Very cool kitty house :cool:

4. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Thanks everyone. I don't think Boris going off insulin had anything to do my being magic. Maybe just us hometesting. His highs were in the mid 200's. He wasn't being tested before coming to us. I also think he "might" have still been getting some dry even tho his mom told us he was eating canned. And we were really comfortable using a sliding scale and did something a little different by using it with the vetsulin - NOT something recommended here on FDMB. However we were home ALOT and able to test alot too. I think it just all came together for this boy.

Uhhhh - Nancy - I can't do spreadsheets but I can do photobucket! haha_smiley

And Jan - those are 3 of our kitties now. I'll bore you with more of the others later! :shock: :lol:

5. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

dancing_cat party_cat flip_cat

YAY Patti and Boris!!!! He looks like such a love!

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I want to see a nekked Boris! Boo really wants to see a nekked Boris - she thinks he's handsome. When are you going to shave him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.