Weekend Condo - Ginger 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It's interesting how easy it is to test Ginger, after all these years of experience. It took a lot of pokes to get blood, but she is very good about it.
    Let's see, yesterday, I took Jackson on a car ride to the vet to pick up some Frontline Plus and then to PetsMart. He is very good in the car and was pretty good at the vet and very good at the store. I took his crate mat out of his carrier and put it in the tray of the shopping cart where you put your purse or kid, and he just laid there so good as we walked around and shopped and I kept talking to him as we rode the aisles.
    As soon as we got home, he became a crazy cat. Go figure. I could not even get him to stay on the infant scale long enough to get a reading. The digital reading was going up and down as he struggled.
    In a month, we go to the Pittsburgh reunion, so I wanted to get him a little extra car time and people time.
    Since we got home, Ginger has spent the past 24 hours in the carrier that Jackson was in yesterday.
    She loves that carrier.
    She also loves to be outside, even though it's like 95 degrees outside and she has a long coat. She also has been drinking a lot of water, still, off and on. She was heading toward the water I put out for the birds and I tell her no and she obeys to an extent. She was slowly, nonchalantly, acting like she was looking up at the birds and sitting occasionally but getting closer and closer to it. She eventually got within a foot of it and I made sure she didn't drink from it by approaching her and heading her off, when I saw something that looked like it was hanging from her eye. I went to brush/pull it off and I squeezed it and my fingers were filled with blood. It was a misquito. I hate those things.
    I tested her because she's been drinking so much today.
    We just had a complete power outage. I'm so glad my computer saved what I had written :) Good computer.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice BG. Probably drinking because it is hot.

3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I think that's the first reaction any of us have to a civvie who is suddenly drinking more - grab the meter!! Of course, it could just be the weather. Or she could be somewhat dehydrated for another reason, including kidney issues. Hopefully, it's just the heat.

It's great to hear from you and get an update on Jackson and Ginger. Stay cool!

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana :):coffee:

Awesome BG there Ginger. I too think the drinking alot is due to ti being so warm. I've noticed the same thing here. We too are 95 today.

I agree: good computer!

Have a great evening. I hope the day was a good one too.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ginger's BG is okay. I think the heat can make them drink more. How cute Jackson was a good traveler for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.