Weekend Loose Lips

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by squeem3, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Has anyone heard from Celi about how the interviews went? I hope she gets an offer :smile:

A few weeks ago there was a little thing in the newspaper that was FD-related. It was the Tales From the City section where readers submit stories about life in the city. This one was funny: I recently called CVS to order a new supply of syringes for my diabetic cat, Mario, who requires two shots of insulin a day. While I was out, my husband answered the phone. It was the pharmacy calling "for Mario". "He's here but he can't come to the phone," my husband said. "He's a cat." "Oh," came the reply, "would you please tell him his order will be ready tomorrow afternoon?" :lol:

2. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

:lol:
    My husband and I still chuckle at the marketing call we got one morning. We were still in bed and groggy. The lady said she was calling to talk to the person in the house who was diabetic. I smirked and said "oh, yeah?".

Before I could go farther she went on to tell me that her call was in response to the survey that was filled out by the diabetic. She's talking loud enough that my husband can hear and we are both chuckling by that time, I calmly and softly say, "my cat is the diabetic."

"Your what?"

"My cat, Smokey, is diabetic"

"Your CAT ?" "Well...Well...Well..WellIhopeitgetsbetterbye." <click>

I seriously thought she might choke on her tongue she was sputtering so much.

Smokey better quit filling out surveys.

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Love these stories!!

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

In Walmart a few months ago waiting on them to fill an insulin order. Over the loud speaker they said "Tarragon Kettler, your order is ready at the pharmacy. Tarragon Kettler.". :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

"Feline Zener Hart" at Walgreens. :lol:
    Liz

6. Cini Mini's Mom

Cini Mini's Mom Well-Known Member

Before I switched to the local Vet Pharmacy, I used to get Cini's insulin filled at Wal-Mart. Every time I would go to pick it up they would ask me for the patient's name - "Cini Mini Monardo", I would say. And then they would ask for his birth-date "I don't know, it's a cat. He hasn't told me his birthday." Panic usually ensues after that.

I especially love the time I picked up his Flovent and the Pharmacist insisted I get counseling on how to use it.

"Make sure he breathes it in deeply through his mouth and washes his mouth out with water afterwards, maybe even brushes his teeth."
    "He's a cat."
    "Oh, in that case, maybe he should just wash his mouth out with water."
    :roll:

7. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I NEVER wait at the counter for a prescription, because it's just too much fun to hear them page "Binks Cudd" to the pharmacy!!!!!!!

8. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Ruby's prescription at Walgreens is under "Ruby-Cat Rozeboom". The other day when I was picking up syringes the girl asked me if it was short for Ruby Catherine.
    I said no, it's shot for Ruby is a Cat.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I just love the way the pharmacist grins at me, when I pick up Checks' insulin. :lol:

10. mybuddybinks

One of the "silver linings" of FD! :D :D

11. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Human diabetics get a discount on supplies here so they are always asking if I have the discount card. I love the way their eyebrows fly up to the ceiling when I tell them it's for my cat :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Ruby has a discount card for Walgreens...says Ruby-Cat!

13. mybuddybinks

I'll never forget when I combined my pets names as a user name and joined a women's group online...
    they blocked me from the website because the user name "HomieSean" just HAD to be a guy trying to check out women secretly :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Oh, you guys have all the fun. My pharmacy is just up the street from my vet, they are all to used to filling cat scripts, there is no fun left in it.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Trixie's script comes up as "Trixie 'C' Haft..." at the Target pharmacy. It specifically says that she is not to consume alcohol while taking this medication :lol: ! I got all kinds of snickers the first time I filled it for her..."How is she going to sign for it?" etc. They've finally stopped asking if she needs couseling on how to use it....

16. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Lol :lol: When I went to the pharmacy to pick up Squishy's insulin, the pharmacist guy, who was a little quirky and odd, would always ask me what kind of animal Squishy was. I would tell him a cat and he'd just nod and ring up the prescription. I got Squishy's Flovent from the vet hopsital pharmacy so no questions or odd looks there :smile: Emma and Leroy have more common Human names but I haven't needed (yet) to pick up meds for them at the Human pharmacy. It''ll be interesting to see what happens then :lol:

17. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

I was calling around for pricing yesterday. There was a good-humored guy at Costco who was at first amazed I had no insurance. I told him it is a cat. Then he asked if I'm
    A Costco member. Yes, I said. "Well, we will just make that cat a Costco member! He gets 8% off! Just make sure he remembers his card!"
    I like employees who do their job with a fun attitude. May as well enjoy your work!

18. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:lol:

ok, those stories were an awesome way to start out my sunday morning! too funny.

19. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

Simon must have been ready for his +9 snack because I heard LOTS of LOUD shrieking from my back yard. "SIMON CAUGHT A BABY ALLIGATOR!" screamed my daughter. The shrieking was so much that other neighborhood kids started popping their heads up over our fence. At this point Simon keeps carrying the poor thing (a rather large lizard, not a little gecko) around in his mouth, dropping it, letting it run a bit, and grabbing it again. It has lost its tail. I asked one of the older boys to come in and grab the thing to put it in the grass. DH was out and I wasn't going to do it! The boy came and got the lizard and proceeded to pick up the tail and tickle my arm with it. I SCREAMED too! I'm exhausted from laughing and screaming! Poor lizard. Last time I saw it was alive and scurried into the flower bed.

20. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Sounds like Jezebel! I always know when she has a 'treasure' in her mouth. She comes in proudly and meows for a bit with the lizard in her mouth. When she doesn't get a response...she opens her mouth to meow...and you guessed it - The lizard tries to scoot to safety!
    Debie & Jezebel

21. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

It looks like I missed out on all the fun. :D

Melanie & Racci

22. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

My civvie Maddie is asthmatic and uses a Flovent inhaler. I got the first one from the emergency vet, and when I needed to refill it I asked my regular vet to call it in to Walgreens. When I went to pick it up, the pharmacist asked, "This is for a cat, right? Do you know this is an inhaler?" I said yes, and he just kept looking at me. He finally asked, "Do you mind if I ask, how do you give it to her? Just curious." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny because when they first gave me the inhaler, I thought, you're kidding, right?! How in the world...?

For those of you who don't have an asthmacat and don't know, you use an AeroKat!! http://www.trudellmed.com/animal-health/aerokat

23. mybuddybinks

i'm feeling kind of cheated...all Annie gives me are snakes, squirrels,birds, and mice. :sad:
    I'm gonna tell her "if you REALLY loved me, you'd get me an alligator!" :lol: :lol:

24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

LOL i had wondered how you administer an inhaler to a cat!

too funny on the lizard, kim! ohmygosh. my civvie, anya, loves to "kill" things - except she's indoors only and the things she finds to kill are hysterical. often she goes into my son's room and drags out some yarn-furry type of thing. her recent "killings" are socks. she carries them in her mouth, dragging them between her front legs and meowing all the while.

the first "killing" that i noticed were these little sample perfume bottles that i had out in the master bathroom. i don't use them but they were in my mom's stuff and i was leaving them out to look at. anyway, anya came walking down the hall from the bedroom meowing and she had a perfume bottle in her mouth.

the cats both sleep in our downstairs, and when i open the door every morning there are always things on the top step that anya has dragged there. my son's hats are favorites. anything in a plastic bag is fair game. somehow (i don't know where it came from) but she's found a sink strainer and she brings that up regularly. my sewing machine is down there and she will bring up anything sewing-related she can find.

poor little girl. she'd probably LOVE to be able to get a lizard instead of sewing supplies. that must be a bit humiliating as a girl's kill! :lol: i praise her anyway. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.