Weighing your Cat - Baby Scale?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Bath...TF8&qid=1483386310&sr=8-7&keywords=baby scale

Ozzy seems to have gained some weight back after coming home from the hospital. I am not sure if I'm feeding him too much now. Even though he is only eating wet and raw, calories are still calories.

We have tried to weigh him in the past by getting a weight on us first and then standing on the scale with him but could never tell how accurate the reading was. I know some folks say to get a baby scale, but they are kind of expensive and honestly pretty bulky. Where am I going to put that thing?

Anyone have any luck with the floor scales with the tare feature like the one linked to Amazon in this post?

Thanks.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  3. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ok thanks Mogs. I saw that one at amazon too...but $40 bucks for a scale! Ugh! Maybe will get one later.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

They're worth every penny. Wish I'd bought one years earlier. (ETA - not just for general weight monitoring; they're also very useful for monitoring hydration levels in nursing situations.)

Mogs

5. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Never considered that...could see how helpful that would be.

6. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I sure wish that I had bought mine years ago. I watch Amazon for sales. Sometimes there is s big difference in price if you watch out for sales. With 4 cats and 2 small dogs, all getting up in years, the scale is really useful.

Ozzy Pawzbourne and Critter Mom like this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The one Mogs found looks exactly like my Salter and is the right price.

Ozzy Pawzbourne and Critter Mom like this.
  8. Meya14

Meya14 Well-Known Member

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.