welcome some input / reposted a 911 by mistake

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Noah & me (GA), Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

@Robert and Echo @Jill & Alex (GA)
    Yesterday at 4:20PM Eastern I made a huge mistake by posting a question in an older thread. I asked "How is your new meter working" but unfortunately that thread had started a day earlier as a 911 and subsequently shot right back to the top of the list.
    Apologies to everyone who knows this already, I'm not being condescending and please correct any technical mistakes.
    On my display the post with the latest reply, no matter how old the thread, appears at the top. I immediately posted a new thread titled "Sorry!!! I just dragged an old 911 to the top by mistake" and then logged off because I felt so stupid. That was another mistake because I was not specific about which 911 thread I was referring to so I left everyone hanging. If at that point anyone else had posted a legitimate 911 call things could have been screwed up even further.
    We cannot always assume a board member is here to "fix" things and even if they were I'm not sure what could have been done.
    I think a better response would have been to title my thread "Been sick and not eaten anything since 10pm thread is NOT a current 911" and then in my post I should have tagged Scottish_Bella to make them aware of incoming replies and more importantly to let them know if by chance they had another 911 they could have added "New 911" to their title. Then I should have added "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST or it will keep reappearing at the top of the list".
    Can anyone think of a better way to do that? I find a shorter thread title gets the point across quicker.

What an enormous screw-up. I feel like I pulled the fire alarm and then drove home for a nap. In fact I had earlier told a new member that the board is not always here and trusts us not to burn the house down. Okay, enough self pity. What should we do next time something like this happens?

Squalliesmom likes this.
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

The best answer is to ask for a mod to help, but I don't know who our current mods are. You could also ask Robert, the administrator, for help, if you can't find a mod. If you post with a title saying you need help from a mod I'm sure someone will get back to you.:):):)

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It is a bit odd that the moderators are in the background. On the other hand, this forum has been one of the most polite ones I've seen across different topics.

I used to moderate a woodturning forum. We had to ban someone, every month or so. And it was just woodturning - not the U.S. economy or something really important.

4. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

OH I'm sorry about the mixup, I know how that feels! Best thing would be to post at the end of the thread a huge "SORRY"!! because that will happen immediately. Depending on a mod might take some time, obviously. Which thread is this, I'll look for it now but if I don't see it, please message me.

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Hi Robert! I didn't even know about you. I'm in Austin too. We own a home off 183 and Oak Knoll, for the past 23 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.