Well, that didn't last

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheri & Spyder (GA), Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

PMPS = 353

gonna go do some reading and decide what to do.
    he's just not budging enough

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I still think that continuing to raise him, at this point maybe by .5u amounts if you aren't already, until you get better numbers.

By all means read up on stuff and see if anything strikes you as an "ah-ha" piece of information.

3. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

so......I upped him to 2u

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

How did he keep you guys up all night?

Yeah, curves don't matter... well, if you do them at the vet, then they ARE useless. Did you suggest the insulin resistance to him, or did he bring it up first? Just wondering if he (vet) is being proactive or reactive here.

I sure hope you can turn things around for Dante. Do not overlook using prozac with him if his issues are behavioral. The one thing I wish I did differently, that I know would have made a difference, was start Jeddie on prozac sooner. I wasted 1at least 8 months thinking I could change things with stuff like Feliway and Rescue Remedy if I just kept trying. I do think those products work for some kitties, they just didn't work for Jeddie, but I resisted the medication because I felt it would turn him into a zombie cat who was spaced out all the time. It didn't. In fact, it released the true affectionate, laid back kitty that was locked inside the anxious, OCD one. He never needed more than the minimum dose (1/4 tab once a day), but trying to ween him off it did not work. I was prepared to keep giving it to him for the rest of his life.....

5. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Oh, dear, It is troubling when the cats keep you up. I hope Dante will settle down some and not be so aggressive.

6. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

it wasn't that he was being aggressive, he just wanted "out of his room"

7. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

and now all of a sudden, the past 2 days, he's been drinking water again and "gulping" his soup, but he's not eating like 24/7
    I feel like I'm almost right back where we were when he first got here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.