Well we are back.....Plum out of remission :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PlumsMom, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Hi all,

Mr. Plum went OTJ in September of last year, I believe. Since then he's been doing well and I slowly decreased testing him. Noticed lately that he's been very hungry, but it's taken me a couple of weeks to put 2+2 together - duh! I had only one test strip left and sure enough, 234 this morning. Ugh. Well, at least I know the drill now.

I need to get more strips, obviously before starting him back on insulin. Was thinking about a starting dose of 0.5? What do you all think? He eats FF classics, beef or turkey & giblets, and has YA Zero kibble available at night. I'll update his spreadsheet shortly.

Prayers & vines for all in need.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh now Plum!! We know you missed all your friends here, but you could have just sent a post card!! You didn't have to come back from the Falls!!!

Has he had a good look-over at the vet to rule out any dental or urinary tract problems? If not, I'd start there since we know inflammation, pain and infection are all reasons that cats lose regulation and he's not that high yet.

If everything checks out, I think starting at .5 is probably a good dose to start with

Marvin's Mom - Nat likes this.
  3. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Yeah, good point about a vet visit. I'll schedule that too. Thanks!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Plum's numbers are high. I'd definitely take him to the vet to see if there are any health issues going on. I had to restart Furball on insulin a little bit ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.