went up to 1.0..did curve 1/2 the day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lbwise, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lbwise

Lbwise Member

Hello!!! Upped LB's dosage to 1.0... looks like he cruised in some yellows earlier today.. will be interesting to see his morning number. A little nervous about increasing dosage but I am guessing his numbers were high enough that it was time? I did the curve on the same full day of an increased dose. Decided to do it this way as its Sunday so could watch him on newer dose but also had time to take more consistent numbers. Its the night time that can be rough.. he usually waked me up around 4 ish so will take a number then.

Any input on this phase appreciated. My plan.. keep him at 1.0 for at least next 5 days. If his reshoot number goes below 275 will give him .75.. if it goes below 250 will skip? Does this make sense? I get a little confused with numbers as I am using alpha track.

I think he maybe is moving around more!

Thanks so much!!!!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the link to your last post here. It helps us help you if you include that link so we can look back at what has happened before.

I think you are right that furbaby needs more insulin, so I'm glad you increased. However, it would really be helpful to tell us what the 1.0 unit dose can do if you hold that same dose for 7 days now. The SLGS method calls for holding the dose for 7 days (not 5), then doing a curve and evaluating the dose. And Lantus works best with the same dose so you don't mess with the depot. We determine how to change the dose of Lantus based on the nadir or low point of the cycle, not the preshot. If you get a preshot number lower than you are used to, you can always post here for help. But do NOT feed before posting.

It is confusing using an AlphaTrack with the SLGS method - it wasn't designed with that type of meter in mind. From the SLGS Sticky Note:

REQUISITES WHEN FOLLOWING THE START LOW, GO SLOW METHOD:
    • Learn the signs of and how to treat HYPOGLYCEMIA and prepare a HYPO TOOLBOX.
    • Test regularly for ketones and know about DIABETIC KETOACIDOSIS (DKA).
    • Use a human meter, not a pet-specific meter. Reference numbers given are for measuring blood glucose with a human meter.
    • Use U-100 3/10cc syringes with half units marked on the barrel for fine dosing.
    • Most kitties are easier to regulate when fed small meals throughout each cycle. Others adapt well to free feeding.

3. Lbwise

Lbwise Member

Thanks Wendy! 7 days was what I was planning but thought I read in another spot about 3-7. I want to use the pet specific meter as this is what my vet uses and am giving her numbers as well. I wish I could more easily convert the numbers from human to pet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.