We're baaaaaaaack....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Weather Girl, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weather Girl

Weather Girl Member

Hey everyone! Jamie and Vesta here... unfortunately.

We've had a fabulous 16 months OTJ, but it would appear that time's over for now... Vesta went in to the vet and was diagnosed with anterior uveitis (looks like a cataract) in her left eye on Monday. The vet did bloodwork and a urinalysis, and low and behold.... BG of 296! I tested her at home afterwards and it was in the 270's. Doh! It's been a couple of months since we've spot checked her, and now I'm kicking myself. Scott did notice the litter box was a bit wetter than usual, but otherwise, she's fine. No weight loss, her coat's fine, appetite fanTAStic.

We haven't changed anything- she still eats her FF canned food set with timers (2 big and 4 small meals per day). The vet suspects she's a transient diabetic- she'll have these fits and spurts every now and then and just needs a wee bit of insulin to get her through the bumps. Stupid bumps. Stupid pancreas.

We're starting her back up on the lantus this weekend- we'll be hanging out in Lantus-land as we sort through this- I'm *hoping* it'll be a short stay, but we'll just take it one day at a time.

Hope everyone's "well".

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.