We're back!!!!! Internet has been restored at home!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Well it feels like I have been gone forever but Autumn and I are back! While we got the internet back about a month ago I still was unable to get here because while the internet was down Jon and I decided to do a little remodeling...well.....both of us in the process got bite by nasty little spiders, his not so bad it just caused a slight staph infection on his ring finger, mine however, was a brown recluse bite and on the pad of my right thumb. After 20 days on oral antibotics and 5 days in the hospital on IV antibotics I'm finally healed up enough to actually be able to touch a keyboard again. dancing_cat

Now for an update on Mz. Autumn...well she is still on the juice but just barely..(will get her spreadsheet updated shortly). She has decided that her furry family is not that bad afterall and now cuddles on the couch with them in the evening. This weekend for the first time she met Maxwell, and oh does she think he is one handsome hunk of catfur...lol. She's been following him around making doe eyes at him. Now why you might ask hadn't they met before? Well because for the most part Maxwell perfers to stay in our bedroom or on the cat trees in our diningroom but he seldom visits the livingroom even though it is an open floor plan, just not his thing, and Autumn never explored farther than the kitchen which is in the middle of the house and has alway completely ignored our bedroom. But this weekend while we were painting the diningroom Maxwell finally wandered into the livingroom. Autumn is now so smitten with him that last night when I closed our bedroom door after feeding Maxwell and Lady Jane Grey (they eat slower so they eat in our bedroom) Autumn demanded that she be allowed in to the room or she was going to knock the door down.

Autumn also weighs a sleek 14lbs, and is growing in a stunning long silky coat of black and orange again. And her daddy has given her a family nickname...she is now Pumpkin Pie. She has turned into a real snuggly lap kitty, but will not jump directly into your lap, if she wants in your lap she will either sit at your feet until you pick her up, or will jump up on either the couch or the other chair and walk across the end tables to get in the chair with you...silly girl. She also has a new morning ritual, her and daddy share daddy's breakfast. Jon always has 2 sunny side up eggs for breakfast during the week and Autumn has discovered he is a soft touch to big green eyes and she can con him out of little bits of his eggs, and sometimes even bites of his turkey sausage or bacon. So she is always waiting for him in the mornings in his chair so they can have breakfast together.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & The Fur Gang

2. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

Great news that you are back and about Mz. Autumn. Bummer about the spiders.

(I wasn't sure we were gonna make here it without you) :oops:

You know we're gonna want Autumn pics as soon as you can. :cool:

3. LILandKIT

LILandKIT Member

HI MEL!!!!

So great to hear from you again! Sounds like things are on the up and up now so that's good news. Sorry to hear about the bites though...that's insane!!! I can't believe how crazy it got. Glad to hear that you're getting better though.

Here we're winding down summer and so I'm in depressed mode lol. I'm really worse than the students at this time of the year...I just like my summers too much. I know I just have to get into the routine and everything will be good again, but its just thinking about the early mornings and the not being able to take an after-lunch nap lol....yes, I'm the biggest party-pooper ever!

So Autumn is doing fantastic from what I'm reading! I haven't had a chance to pull up her SS to take a peak, but your update sounds wonderful. Please post some pics so I can see her beautiful coat. Glad to hear that shes integrating well now and that her cat-crush on Maxwell is progressing well lol. So cute!

Kitten is doing great too....he's sleeping on the couch now as he too likes his after-lunch nap....I learned how to truly enjoy my summer from him lol. I test him every so often and it's always around 4.1-4.3 (dont have my phone to multiply by 18 so we're just gonna leave it at that).

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello and say that we've been thinking of you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.