WE'RE MOVING! 9/24 Sushi: AMPS~271|+6.5~257|+9~241 PMPS~208

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14), Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14) Member

Helllooooooo!!
    It's been too long! I feel out of touch. The past 2 weeks I've spent the entire work week in Baton Rouge, meaning our cat sitter has dosed Sushi more than I have. She took care of 8 of the injections, and I was here for the other 6. His numbers have steadily stayed yellow (with a few blips), and so far we've had 31 consecutive injections! No skipping! Wahoooooo!!
    Sushi's doing really really well. He's happy and healthy and soft! I'm continually amazed and thankful! It makes my heart smile. :razz:

Tomorrow I plan to bring him to my apartment in Baton Rouge. We won't move our furniture until next weekend, so I'll be crashing on a futon mattress on the floor this week. It will be an hour+ drive in the car. Sushi WIGS in the car, and we'll be in a brand new space when we arrive. I've been very nervous about putting him through all this moving stress over these past few months, but I feel much less anxious now that he's doing so well. My plan is to load everyone up an hour or so after our PM dose and make the trek.
    >>What do you think? Any advice? Should I alter his dose or routine in any way in preparation?

Hope everyone's doing well! I can't wait to be able to post and be in touch more often.
    I appreciate you!!

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Re: WE'RE MOVING! 9/24 Sushi: AMPS~271|+6.5~257|+9~241 PMPS

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME, GUYS!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Unless there's something very different with tomorrow's cycle, you should be fine to go with Sushi's regular dose. If you are able, you might want to see if your can track down either Feliway or Rescue Remedy. They may have a calming effect and make the car ride more tolerable for Sushi.

Remember that you will want to keep your Lantus in a cooler. Do not put it in direct contact with ice -- if you freeze the Lantus it will no longer be effective.
    And remember to bring all of your testing supplies -- syringes, lancets, etc. I'd also suggest bringing some things along that have smells that Sushi is familiar with -- your clothing or things of his. Having things that are familiar smells will help him acclimate to new surroundings.

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Good luck with the move! I hope Sushi digs the new digs. :mrgreen:

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the move - I hope it goes well. I agree with Sienne - those things should help. Sushi - enjoy your new digs!

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new apartment, it will a big change but Sushi will have you all the time now and things will settle down fast enough. I bet you can't wait for the first time to cuddle him in your newplace.

7. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14) Member

Thank you all!!!!
    The upside to being gone for such long periods of time is how incredibly SWEETmy furs are all weekend while I'm home. It makes it hard to get anything done with all the love and purring I get! Hope that continues despite the stress and change they'll go through tonight. If I only I could warn them! Herrrrrrrrre we go!

8. Mary and Stella

Mary and Stella Well-Known Member

Good luck on the move! How exciting!!! :D

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

punkin & anya spent the first 2 hours of our trip to colorado exploring the car, certain that the way out was either in the corner above the steering wheel or under the brake pedal - so the co-pilot's job was keeping them off the dashboard and away from the driver. but then they settled down and slept. hopefully yours will realize that they're not going to the vet and stop being crazy for you!

good news on the move! you'll be happy being more settled and they'll like having you at home at night!

scritches to sushi! we've missed you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.