We're still in this 100%

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole and Napoleon, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say sorry for not posting the condos as much as I used to. I have just started a new job and between that, doing my very best for my 2 kitties and handling everything else possible with our home life because of my husband's schedule I am struggling to find the time. I am sure many of you can relate. I will do my best in the future to post as very much as I can with his condos. His spreadsheet is up to date with all of his dose info, AMPS, PMPS and spot checks. That part I do not skimp on.

We are dosecreasing tonight to 3.25 as I had mentioned to Libby, just wanted to wait for the weekend because he got a pretty drastic drop last week on 3 and I want to be there to check on him if need be and he drops too low. But he has been high and flat since early last Sunday so I think an increase is definitely due. I hope this is it guys, I hope this does the trick. I would be lying if I said this did not suck the life out of me trying to get him regulated and worrying every time I leave him, second guessing my choices and feeling like I did him wrong. I love him so much. If I knew I could send him to someone - locally of course- that could get him OTJ, even if I had to be without him for a little while - I would do it because I want was is best for him. I am starting to cry as I am writing this at work. Have to take a deep breath. Just so frustrated, tired and hoping for some consistency with results. I can say that I am glad he is on Lantus finally, I think we have made the right decision with that. He is a bucket of energy, shiny fur and his clinical symptoms are pretty much gone aside from peeing a little bit extra on some days.

Thanks for always being there everyone. Sorry for the novel!

Nicole

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((Nicole)))

not to worry if you cant post everyday, keeping SS up to date is just as good!

It does suck, but the best part is you're caring for your kitty as best as you can. ((((hugs)))

Good to hear!
    Are you adding a bit of water to his food?
    That can help decrease the amount of pee visits.
    We saw that too, over time that slows down.

You hang in there - and you're always welcomed to post anytime!

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I think we all know how life can get in the way of making time to post on here, but as long as you are caring for your kitty, not having a condo on here everyday is not the end of the world! And I completely understand second guessing yourself on what you are doing for him, and leaving him, and feeding him, and trying to get him regulated. Unfortunately I don't think it's a matter of a special "bean" getting your cat OTJ, it's going to depend on the kitty and what the kitty's body is able and willing to do.

I can only imagine if there was one special person on here that could get all our kitties OTJ .. boy, that line would be 50 miles long! :lol: :lol:

Just do the best you can and know everyone here is going through the same sugar dance ...

4. Nicole and Napoleon

Thank you so much :smile:

5. Nicole and Napoleon

No doscrease tonight!

+10 - 131
    +11 - 157

Somebody must have heard my prayers today ;-)

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If no one mentioned it to you, you should be aware that Napoleon reads his condo. It seems like for most of us, if a dosecrease is threatened, our kitties all of a sudden have an improvement in numbers! Go figure!!

I know what you mean about having to leave for tbp (i.e., work - the bad place) and worrying about your kitty. There are days when I make a mad dash home at noon. It's very difficult to try to time increases or know that you are leaving and there's the possibility of numbers dropping. Many of us struggle right along with you on a daily basis.

7. Nicole and Napoleon

It's so true - he must have been hard at work on my computer being a sneak while I was at work. No matter how these better numbers came, I'll take it. Doscrease threats are going to fly in my house from now on! Lol.

Thanks for your understanding, all of us have been through it. You sometimes hit a wall of frustration with this disease - I was there today. Tonight, I must say after seeing these number I am feeling better :smile: Hopefully we won't have another crazy week long bounce!!!

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Nicole,
    Both of my cats will likely never be OTJ, being acro cats. I know it's possible, but not likely. I have accepted that like human diabetics, it's just how they are. They will need their insulin every day.

We all do our best and that is just about all we can do. You will learn to 'read' your kitties, and will be an expert at knowing how to adjust the dose, and when it's time for a dosecrease. I am positive that you are feeling much more confident now than you were the very first few days! I am also positive that you can see the improvements now with Napoleon since starting the shots.

OTJ may be nice to reach but if it never happens, Napoleon is still your sweetheart.

9. Nicole and Napoleon

Thanks so much Gayle

10. heidi and doodles

heidi and doodles Member

Hey Nicole hang in there :D Doodles seems to kinda hang for a longer time than "I" think she should too, then boom we get great numbers. Remember ECID :D I think Doodles nadir is +4? huh? This too is all new to me and is always ever changing. My SS is now becoming my tool for detective work :cool: ...what was different, what can I do different etc...kinda fun when you're not stressed :D
    Make it fit into your schedule don't freak out, breath, go through the butterflies, it all works out...If it were me I would be checking at night when I'm home to see what the numbers are...I've heard people talk about the auto feeders? It's supposed to be timed, this way you'll know when your kittie is eating :smile: and how much when your at work and that could be one less thing to worry over :D then when your home you can bond :D poke, stick and poke some more :lol:
    have a good day you are doing great!!!

11. Nicole and Napoleon

Aw Heidi, thank you (((hugs))).
    I do have an auto feeder that is very, very helpful on worrisome days :) Things will get better I know, just have to not get so frustrated with myself and the situation.
    Doodles is doing awesome!!! Congrats on the great work and the decrease in dose - I think you will have an insulin free Doodles very soon :D

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it looks like maybe the fat dose has some potential. Let's see if he goes back down when the bounce clears out. No worries, he'll get there.

13. Nicole and Napoleon

Thanks Libby - he did go back down. Yesterday. He is bouncing again today, but at least the amount of time is less than before.
    Thanks so much, I think he will, just have to be patient :smile:

14. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Hey, if not posting every day was a crime, I'd be up before a firing squad! :D

I understand the frustration and the guilt feelings at having to do unimportant things like work for a living and sleep. You're doing the very best you can for your kitty and doing a great job. This disease can be dealt with even with a tight schedule. Been said before - patience is the name of this game.

15. Nicole and Napoleon

Thanks so much Camille

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.