? weruva pouches cats in the kitchen

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jayla-n-Drevon, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Is anyone using cats in the kitchen pouches for low carb? I have read they no longer use tapioca starch but the label still shows it and is is juicy s I am thinking it is too carb filled-I looked up the nutrion and it was too high but "as fed" was much lower and acceptable-
    My guy is so fussy! I need tons of variety- thank you-

2. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

I have used the pouches recently because of the extra moisture since he's getting over a bit of pancreatitis, but generally feed the Paw Licken Chicken and Fowl Ball and Funk in the Trunk. He gets Splash Dance only once a week. Radar seems to be happy with this arrangement of food choices.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  3. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

All of the pouches are too high in carbs. Weruva is one of the few cat food makers that supply complete nutritional info. Take a look at the top chart which is the % of calories (ME) from protein, fat and carbs. The pumpkin lickin chicken is the lowest at 12.4%. http://weruva.com/catsitk-pouches-nutrition.php

4. jayla-n-Drevon

Thank you!!
    I used tho pouch to get his sugar up a few times but it didnt go super high--I was hoping…. back to the hunt for variety!!
    (of course he refused the paw lickin chicken) ugh--finicky cats!

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

There's a few there that might work well for a mc food. I really like Weruva because they are so transparent with their nutritional data. I wish all cat food makers would be so forthcoming.

6. jayla-n-Drevon

he will sometimes eat Mediterranean Harvest (I pick out the potato and peas) which is more medium especially since he only eats about 1/3 of a small can-but he doesn't like much of the others…. He has been eating felines pride but now that is becoming a issue -errrrr
    Weruva is very transparent --I do like the company a lot-

7. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

My cat LOVED goldie lox. His eyes would get big whenever I offered it to him. Yes it is fish but it worked when his appetite was low.

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Oh, yes. I know that look ...

(Turns the knees to jello and the heart to putty every time!).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.