This is a tough one, but after a lot of reading, talking with fellow members here, and much soul-searching, my husband and I have decided on SRT for Rocket's acromegaly. His results (IGF-1 = 331) came to us on July 5th, but looking back, he may have had symptoms as far back as last October. The first thing I noticed then was his meow changed, from a low-pitched, loudish meow to more of higher-pitched squeak. I mentioned it to two vets during office visits, but they both pretty much shrugged it off. In retrospect, I wonder if he might have some tissue growth in his windpipe that is causing this. Around the same time I noticed that on occasion his front claws grow in super thick. One grew into almost a circle. Fast-forward to now - we're barely starting to get a better handle on his numbers, since switching to Levemir on July 16th. But his back legs are getting weak, and he's having accidents from time to time. We were originally thinking of traveling to CSU, but I'm having surgery this Friday and we don't know when I'd be able to handle a road trip. So we've decided to go with Dr. Bommarito at a veterinary cancer treatment center here in Orange County CA, about 30 miles away from home. We've compared his protocols to those at CSU, and they're very similar. Rocket is scheduled for a CT scan on Monday the 29th, with five SRT sessions Mon-Fri the week of August 5th. This was not an easy decision to come by, as most of you know how expensive this is. We're getting a little help from family, as my mom used to have a beautiful ginger kitty who had her stomach cancer treated at the same facility. But the real decision-maker was the fact that Rocket is only 10 years old. I love him immensely. And I just think he deserves more time. Thank you so much to (putting these on separate lines; not sure if they tag otherwise) @JeffJ @Wendy&Neko edit: tagging @Bronx's dad too 'cause gray kitties are the best (and because I remembered you had SRT too) and anyone else I'm not thinking of right at the moment - I know there are more - your stories have really helped us come to this decision as well. I just hope Rocket's story is a good one, and that maybe we can help someone down the line too. Unfortunately I won't see everything first hand since my husband and my folks will be taking him for treatments, but I will document and share as much as I can. Big hugs to all of you.