Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

This week has been an adventure, not only for me, but for my furry family here. It started by my finding out that my vet was having s.n.i.p. this week and next week! Oh, I took full advantage of it, for sure!

Monday night: crate both TK and Radar to go to vet Tuesday morning for neutering!
    Tuesday morning: Drive them to the vet, drop them off, and return home.
    Tuesday after work: Drive back to vet, pick TK and Radar up, return home with them. Let them out of their crates and suddenly they're nuts! Running around pouncing on toys, jumping up onto stovetop, doing all sorts of things they're NOT supposed to be doing. Before I could stop them, both of them were bleeding from their incisions! Called vet and drove back to vet office with TK and Radar in tow, to spend the night in cages. Reason why I couldn't crate them at home?
    Tuesday night: crate Data and Lady for spaying Wednesday morning. (Should have thought more in depth about the logistics of only having 2 large crates and 6 surgerical patients!)
    Wednesday morning: Drive to vet with Data and Lady, drop them off, pick up TK and Radar, return home with them and put them into crates for day rest.
    Wednesday evening: Remove TK and Radar from crates, place them in the bathroom for continued rest, crate Autumn and Heidi for spaying on Thursday morning.
    Thursday morning: Drive to vet with Autumn and Heidi (both know the car song so well they screamed it the entire trip there!), drop them off, pick up Data and Lady, return home and crate them for day rest, let TK and Radar out of the bathroom to resume normal life in house.
    Thursday afternoon: place Data into the bathroom for continued rest, let Lady go out onto the porch (no worries, it's a totally enclosed porch) so that she can resume her normal life activities.
    Thursday night: let Data out of bathroom to resume her normal life in house.
    Friday morning: Drive to vet and pick up Autumn and Heidi, pay bill for the week, and return home so that these two can be reunited with their now spayed mom and not yet neutered brother!

We now have just 1 cat that isn't fixed, that's Bruiser. He will get neutered, but right now my energy, and bank account, are a bit on the low side! LOL! Besides, there is absolutely nobody for him to have that particular type of fun with, so there's no rush.

2 neuters, 4 spays, (3) 1 year rabies shots, (3) 3 year rabies shots...$526.50.

Priceless is the peace we will now have (hopefully!)!

Oh, and now my car knows the way to my vet office and can practically drive itself there! :mrgreen:

2. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

O-M-G!!!!!!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((DEBRA)))))))))))))))))))))))

Go have some ice cream, wine, beer, cake whatever floats your boat, you need it!!!

that is so very weird. We have tons of neuters at the shelter and while we have had "bleeders" that dont stop bleeding easily, I dont think I have ever had a shelter cat pull his sutures! they must really have been running! I wonder if he pulled them out? sometimes they have dogs wear the cone of shame. Not so much the cats.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Whew, You are Wonder Woman!
    j.

4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm exhausted just READING this. I really can't imagine try to DO it! I suggest some chocolate or wine or both, medicinal use only, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.