? What about trimming nails? Is it like human diabetes?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Phoebes (GA), May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I cut her nails a week ago and they still look like I just did them. Except her due claw? Can I cut her nails without worrying about infection? Not healing? And is it bad for her to be in cold rooms? I have to have ac on because, well just too many "power surges". Our hallway is warm and the living room is separate thermostat so we don't keep it frigid in there at night. But she always lays in the bedroom with us. She has fur like a rabbit. Ty head bumps

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

No problem cutting nails.
    ...and...
    Only if she doesn't LIKE cold rooms... :)

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Ty Squeaky, makes me feel much better. :)

Squeaky and KT (GA) likes this.
  4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I cut Dre's nails last night.... I knew it was time when he stretched his legs on my thigh and his nail got caught:confused:

HWright and Phoebes (GA) like this.
  5. Phoebes (GA)

That's what's going on when she was stretching she kept getting one caught. I just trimmed her nails but I guess I missed the due claw. Dew? Do? :) the others look worn down to the nubs but that one is splitting and sharp. She let my husband know when he was giving her her pills. Ouch. Better him than me.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  6. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Yeah my boys don't like the dew claws trimmed either, it is in a difficult place to trim when doing it by yourself.
    I lay the boys down on their back between my outstretched legs and use my leg/feet to prevent them from moving too much.... at the same time trying to cut them fairly quick as they tend to be impatient:stop:
    Just like people they get thick as they age so a good sharp nail trimmer is helpful.:)

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Nail trimming sure can be an adventure. Sootie, her sisters and Bo were the mellow ones about it. They were accustomed to nestling in my lap during trims. Spunky tolerates it, especially with scritches and a treat or two in the process. The others: oh my. Try trimming polydactyl nails, a couple of which are wonky weird to get at. Dancer always has had super sensitive paws, too, which doesn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.