? What am I doing wrong???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sue484, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Hi. Frankie was reaching good numbers on. 2.75 dose twice a day, he just couldn't stop bouncing. I asked for advice and was told to fatten the dose which I did. I then increased up to 3 units after 6 cycles. Since I fattened the dose, he has been showing me really high numbers, including the first black this year. What can I do to help Frankie get into better numbers? Is there such a thing as a failed increase? Should I go back to 2.75 units? I feel so bad for my boy right now. He is acting fine and his usual self, so it's not making him feel too bad, but I'm at a loss right now.

2. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

He's on Lantus now? What kind of nadirs was he getting on your AT meter?

3. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

You may want to post in L/L for more experienced eyes. I'm proficient but not nearly like them.

4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought I was on that forum. I'm just a mess right now. Yes, he's on Lantus and his nadirs when not bouncing and on Alphatrak were green on 2.75. I have now posted on the L/L forum.

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Know that feeling only too well.

:bighug: Sue :bighug:

Fingers and paws crossed you'll get a good dose for Frankie very soon.

Mogs

6. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

I'm not qualified to comment on the use of Lantus, but as a general comment, what I'm seeing could be a lot of bouncing from too high of a dose. And many cats will bounce for a very long time... it's not unusual. It's not necessarily the result of your doing something wrong. However, it can be from too much insulin, so you would do well to check out and post on the Lantus forum. You will get a lot of help and good advice by posting there. Best wishes.

7. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

I thought he might be on too much, which is why I was asking should I go back to the last good dose (if bounces weren't present). I have posted on the Lantus board, and everyone said before that he needed more (from the 2.75) and to stick at the current 3 units to see what happens.

8. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer Member

OH....Look at our cats!! I am a mess too and am not in any position to advise..I am researching but depend on the experienced Lantus cat people...After thinking things were looking good..I don't think anything now. DVM says s+s most important and like Frankie, Elliott acts fine..THE BG'S driving me nuts. Good Luck..Lantus Forum is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.