What % carbs for Fancy feast?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tajana340, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi, I was wandering if anyone knows what the % carbs and if possible % of protein and fiber on the fancy feast Gourmet chicken Feast (dark pink) and Turkey and giblest Feast ( olive green) are. I didn't see them listed on the chart here and the other info I found doesn't list those percentages. It just says wheat gluten free?

Another question on food. Since I have other cats especially a 16 year old non-diabetec. Is too high fat % hard on them? I know you guys are not nutrionists, and any thoughts would help.

David

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Look on the old canned list on the J&B chart. They are there. I do know they are under 10% (how much I don't recall).

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

The fancy feast flavours are listed in Janet & Binky's list under "old food canned list"

here is a quick link

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/canfood.html

keep in mind, some info may of changed in recent months.
    You can always contact Purina for the newest numbers, but beware, Purina tends to be diffifcult to get info from,
    follow the instructions from Janet & Binky's site on what & how to ask companies for the info you're looking for.

Please read Dr Lisa's wesite on Feline Nutrition, she has an extensive section that covers Feline Obesity as well.

http://catinfo.org/

4. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Thank You all.

5. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Also, David, if you do get information from Purina about as fed values, please send that information to Janet so that she can do the calculations and update the charts if needed.

6. winsortracey

winsortracey New Member

Does anyone know if Purina Gourmet Gold is low in carbs? I am writing from UK - not sure if it is similar to Fancy Feast - may just be different branding here???

7. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

I saw your other post... Please start a new thread so that your questions do not get buried. A subject line like "Newbie from UK looking for food information" would be helpful in the beginning since you are not on insulin.

Then we can address the insulin and food issues for your specific kitty.

8. winsortracey

winsortracey New Member

Thanks for that!
    Will do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.