What causes our FB cats to bounce so high sometimes?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pumbaa, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pumbaa

Pumbaa Well-Known Member

Pumbaa hasn't had a red number in about two weeks, even though he's gone green many times since his last red. But he just hit 410.

So...how come sometimes they bounce, but not this high, and then other times they bounce really high like the 410 he just got?

In this case, I know it's not food-related since he gets very low carb food all the time (right now he's on a rotation of 4 flavors). And, from an activity level, he was very active this morning after breakfast, which caused me to think that maybe he wasn't going to bounce too high and that his numbers would actually go down after his AMPS reading.

Thanks in advance, if any has any explanation for this.

Suze

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

....and Pumbaa's bouncing partner awaits too..... :?

3. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

And you tested twice... (mom had a PMPS shot of 357 yesterday on Sneakers and I told her to retest and it came back mid 200's).

I don't know. Sometimes Sneakers will have those odd high numbers that i can't explain by food (or lack of it) as exercise is not an issue :lol: .

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

4. Pumbaa

Pumbaa Well-Known Member

Heather, nope, I failed to test twice. :( Pumbaa has been a real stinker lately during testing.

5. Hi Suze.

I think the right answer to your question is "just 'cuz".

I'm a big fan of Dr. Lisa, and here's what she said in a PZI thread last year:
    Here's more of her wisdom:
    Suze, if it's a "once in while" thing, then try not to go crazy trying to figure out the "why". Any of a dozen or more reasons. "Just 'cuz".

Carl

6. Pumbaa

Pumbaa Well-Known Member

Carl, thank you for the "just 'cuz". *LOL*

I see other cats do this all the time, too, so I'm not worried about it, I just wondered if there was an easy explanation, other that what Dr. Lisa explains as all of the variables involved. (I think she missed the shape and position of the moon.) ;)

And this was definitely a bounce after last night's greens.

Suze

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.