What do goopy in one eye mean?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mom-Mom, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

I thought that she bumped her eye on something but its been a week and now the stuff coming out of the corner of her eye is getting heavy. Does this mean anything? Or am I (AGAIN) over reacting.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Is it clear or does it look like it's an infection? (The latter could be a white, yellow, or greenish discharge.) Is Mom-mom's eye red? If it's not better tomorrow, I'd call your vet or take her in.

3. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

Its like greenish yellow but her eye isnt red

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There may be an infection. I'd speak to your vet.

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Is it on the same side as the bad tooth? If yes, the infection may have spread to the eye.

Some antibiotics are relatively cheap, if you can get them through a discount program at a grocery or pharmacy chain. In Ohio, I can get a 90 day supply of some generics for $12, no insurance needed.

6. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

Yes it is on the same side as the bad tooth. I will call the pharmacist tomorrow. Thanks a lot. I REALLY appreciate it.
    Hugs

7. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

Yes it is on the same side as the bad tooth. I will call the pharmacist tomorrow. Thanks a lot. I REALLY appreciate it.
    Hugs

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Laura, if you get an antibiotic, you'll need to have the vet prescribe it.
    Do you think she'll be getting her dental done sometime soon?

9. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

I am gonna call tomm. about an antibiotic for her eye but, my vet is on vacation and wont be in until the 15th. Plus my niece just had a baby, 2 months premature. He is only 4 pounds. They are gonna keep him at the hospital for at least 30 days.

Mom-mom's eye actually wasn't that bad today. Her levels are doing a little better. The meter was acting up, it would read a 325 and I would do another one back to back and it would be a 34. That wasn't a typo it was a 34. So I called Walmart today and they told me to bring it in and get another one, so I did. I went thru a box of 50 strips in a week because of having to recheck so many times. I am gonna call the company and tell them what happened and maybe they will send me a coupon for a free box. I will let you know. hahaha :twisted: :twisted:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.