? What does everyone think of

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Dave's cat food (more flavors) or. Nulo cat food (only 2 flavors though)

I need to get different brand of food. All 4 cats are turning from ff. And I don't like how much drier the food is. Purina is changing their lines again.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I recently bought a case of Dave’s turkey from chewy and Colin doesn’t care for it. I have to mix a spoonful of FF then he’ll eat it. I have seen several other members use it and their cats like it, and I like the ingredients and price, so he may keep getting it! As for the Nulo, Colin has liked everyone of those I’ve offered.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too, but only in a "batch by batch" basis....I usually buy 12-24 cans at a time of 3-4 different flavors of FF and sometimes I get "drier" food and sometimes the next time I buy the same flavor, it's "wetter"

Since I add water to China's food anyway, I just adjust the amount of water I add to make it about the same consistency each time.

I'd bet that if you bought different batch numbers of the same flavors of FF again, it'll be a different consistency

krazy4kritters likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The cans with the old label are okay. The new ones with new label are the problem. I order from chewy and have no way knowing if it's the stuff or not. If I add the water they still don't eat it.

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bella and his brothers and sister, all 4 would not eat daves

6. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

bought all 4 of Dave's natural big cans of pates, only the chicken gets 90% eating overnight by 10 cats, all the other flavors it is about 1/4-1/2 at the most.. they wont bother with any of them during the day, only at night when they get no other food for 10hrs or so.. i don't know what version is current, the chicken and turkey pates are suppose to be carrageenan-free and states so on Dave's site but, doesn't say so on chewy and i received the carageenan-free chicken pate but, not the carageenan-free turkey pate from chewy.. texture is between fancy feast & friskies fish viariey and the chicken is pretty moist.

we are trying out paws & claws pate from tractorsupply today, a case of poultry variety pack of 32 5.5oz cans was only 12.99 so grabbed one. Carbs are on lower end, the texture/food is just like friskies but, moister and all cats but, my diehard fancy feast addict are liking the one can of turkey & giblet i put out for testing. only problem with P&C is when i got home i noticed all the flavors have darn fish in it and carrageen but, the carrageen on two flavors is near the end so should be okay with my sensitive cat i think. not the best food but, neither was friskies and i am tired of wasting so much food and $$ on better brands that are getting wasted so i will be feeding this pate brand during day and feeding dave's chicken pate or some of the American journey poultry in gravy at night for a few weeks otherwise my hubby may kill me if i add anymore cases of food in the going to shelter stack!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Bellasmom

Talking about fish in food, the other day I went to get Bella some new treats and I got freeze dried shrimp and no one would eat them and I said to them oh come on guys it’s fish, cats like,fish, then I got to,thinking how would cats even like fish out in the wild, not like they are going fishing, cats aren’t supposed to like fish lol they can’t catch them

krazy4kritters and Sylvie like this.
  8. Sharon14

Ha! Someone decided to put minnows in my horses water trough to eat mosquito larvae. My cats sat on the edge of the trough and caught every one of those fish! And when I lived on a lake my cat caught a few small brim when they’d swim up close to shore.

Kris & Teasel, Sylvie and Bellasmom like this.
  9. Bellasmom

Lol my cats would run, when I lived in the country and they would work in the fields I would get a mouse once in awhile and I saw 1 pick up one of my cats Andy and he had it cornered and looked at me like what do u want me to do and walked off

Kris & Teasel, Sylvie and Sharon14 like this.
  10. Sharon14

Many of my barn cats were former ferals, so they knew how to catch anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.