? What happened? Dose increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shadowboy, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowboy

Shadowboy Member

Not really sure what's going on....I thought Shadow was doing well on the 1/2 unit.

6/7 +2 I thought we were seeing the beginning of a bounce, but he's not recovered from that. Should I go back up to .75units?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I would go back to .75....looks like he's had 5 cycles to clear any bounce from the lower numbers on 6/6 and you could consider this a failed reduction

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

PMPS tonight is the 6th cycle since those greens. If you're still using an AT meter you should have reduced the dose to .25 with that 57 on 6/6. He could be over dosed which is causing the higher numbers. Also there were zero tests from 6/1-6/5???

ETA: I was fixed on the AT in your signature and overlooked the switch to a relion so disregard my note. However the zero tests for 5 days is concerning to me personally.

4. Shadowboy

Shadowboy Member

Thanks!

5. Shadowboy

Shadowboy Member

We do the best we can. In a previous post I mentioned my husband and I were away. My parents watch 3 of our dogs and our diabetic cat. They give his insulin (along with giving all our dogs their meds) but do not test. We are thankful for all they do for us. We very rarely leave our animals, but for our 10 year anniversary we felt we were allowed some time away together.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I understand, not judging at all. Sorry I missed that post or just didn't remember...it's been busy around here lately! I hope your boy comes down soon.

7. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I think I'd go back to the 0.75u, primarily because he never "earned" a reduction from that dose. Whenever you reduce because of other circumstances, like a kitty is sick, or you are going on a trip, or whatever that's not a reduction from the cat earning a dose reduction by dropping below the reduction point, typically people will immediately go right back to the regular dose when the circumstances become normal again.

That seems like a really bad sentence, lol. The point is that unless the kitty earned a reduction by dropping below the reduction point, unless there was some new reason to have a reduced dose, you'd just go back to the regular dose when you got home.

Happy anniversary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.