What is Atlas doing tonight?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

This may be posted in the wrong board, but I have to just share this.

Atlas seems to be improving. The sores in his mouth and eyes finally seem to be starting to heal. Could it be his little body has finally reached a tipping point into being able to spend some of his precious energy...healing? He is still at only 8.5lbs and skin & bones. The water consumption seems to finally have settled down too.

I just spent 40 minutes in the "kitten room" with him. He put his paws up on my lap and then "climbed up" into the cat tree next to the window. Bless his heart, he worked his way up to the top of the tree. The top platform. There he began to groom himself. I hadn't notice until this evening his dingy white socks, were not so dingy.

He let me use the curry brush to groom some places, but not all....the brush can be a bit harsh. but he enjoyed me holding the brush as he rubbed up against it...all around his face and where his scruff should be. His coat, while still matted in many places...seems better.

He eventually jumped down to grab a bit more to eat. We are still free feeding the Purina Dry at about a cup a day...on top of the wet. I thought I'd try a small experiment with him. I brought the cat dancer toy into the room to see if he might be interested in it. He actually tried to catch it...he played.

HE PLAYED!

Maybe, maybe some folks can see the hope caring for these precious little ones can give. Maybe seeing how sick they can get....and they can make it.

~~Atlas

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

I love the way he used you to climb to the top of the cat tree. Fantastic news to read he played......he may not look that much better but he sure must feel a whole lot better to play.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

:smile: :smile: :smile:

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Being a cat! How precious is that? flip_cat

5. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.