? What is going on?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue484, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

So, for the second time, I hit a reduction number on 3.25 units. The trouble is that 3 units seems not to be enough. What should I do?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You go back down. Just because it wasn't enough before doesn't mean it won't be enough now. Remember safety first. If the reduction fails you go right back up again. I'm not one to give dosing advice so see what others say.

MollynSkooter likes this.
  3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Sometimes folks will slightly fatten or skinny a dose so its just a hair more or less than the quarter unit marking. So you might see if a fat 3.0 might work after you drain the depot a tad with a regular 3.0 unit dose.

The other option is to tweak the carbohydrate level to work with the dose - can you go any lower on the carb level to work with the 3.0 unit dose? One way to reduce the carb level if you're not at nearly 0 already, is to add 1 ounce of plain meat or poultry to 5 ounces of cat food, mix well, and portion out (per Cat Info).

Or, perhaps you could go a hair higher on the carb level to go with the 3.25 unit dose?

4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

His main food is 9.3% carbs but he also has food that is 7.2% and 4.9%, so there is scope there to reduce. He won't be happy though as the 9.3% is his all time favourite. I will try and if he won't eat properly I will fatten the dose. I think he will be bouncing tomorrow though, so I may shoot thought the bounce first if he is.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

at least this may be an opportunity to see how carb sensitive he is. Make notes for yourself so you will see if he is or not.
    Mine isn't carb sensitive and actually does better on the 8 and 9%. But Each Cat is Different.

MollynSkooter likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes, every cat is different. Max is very carb sensitive.

7. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Saw this too late and have already given him his 9% but I gave him a fat 3 units instead. Fingers crossed.

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Stick with that combination for the 3-5 days and see how he does on it. He likes the food and you can measure the dose. Could be win win for the cat and the bean!

Sue484 likes this.
  9. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.