? What is the "magical" glucose number to not give insulin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Betchadeb, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Hi, My Skylar's glucose numbers are starting to head downward (yeah- maybe remission) and I am wondering at what number do I not give her insulin? Her chart is all up to date. I did buy her the young again zero dry food as she is a grazer. Since she has been allowed to eat the young again whenever she wants I have noticed that her glucose values are getting in a better range, still have a ways to go but I am excited. We started young again on Thursday October 6, 2016. What would be the best way to cut back the fancy feast to 1/2 can in the morning and 1/2 can in the evening and would I switch her insulin dose to 1/2 of what she is currently getting with the 1 full can? Thanks for all your help. Praying that this is the beginning of remission...

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The "magic" BG is 200 but that is for a caretaker with no BG history. The history in your SS shows a good trend and you reduced does from 2 1/2 to 2 this morning because of a lower than usual PS BG.
    What sup[rises me is that today you show little drop in BG from AMPS to +5 when using Vetsulin.
    I myself use Lantus now and for Patches II i give a full doese of abut 3 nits with BG as low as 75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.