What should I do? Alpha Trak2 pmps 136, prone to bounces

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Andrea M., Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

Sweet Pea is prone to bouncing and her PMPS is 136. She is currently on 1.25 units of lantus.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you fed her yet? If you haven't, retest now and see if she's coming up yet

When you get a PS you're not sure about, you should stall, don't feed and test again in about 20-30 minutes

3. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

Attempted to stall but she broke into the bedroom and stole her sisters food while I was busy posting. Checked her again 30 min. later she was 199 but she had eaten about half a can of fancy feast and some poached chicken.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Sorry....my internet went down

Have you shot yet?

5. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

Yes, I gave her the regular dose. She is sitting at 238 now. Not interested in much of her own food now that she stole her sister's. Her sister hasn't stopped screaming about it.

6. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

I wish her sister would come out of the bedroom. Since Sweet Pea was diagnosed Peanut won't come out. With my husband working third shift, I have to try to keep her as quiet as possible when he is sleeping. She gets very vocal when she is hungry.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Don't forget to update your spreadsheet....whatever number she was at when you shot is the PMPS number

How long was it between the time she was at 136, the time she ate the food and the time you got the 238?

8. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

She was 199 about 15-20 minutes after I caught her. I gave her the shot and checked 30 minutes and 60 minutes later and she was sitting steady at 238.

9. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

Just checked again, she is 265 at +1.45

10. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Be sure to test her about 5-6 hours after her shot to make sure she isn't dropping too much. Don't hesitate to post here at anytime. Their is someone here at all times. It's best to post in the Health forum, and also post in the Lantus foru, if you need dosing advice.

11. Andrea M.

Andrea M. Member

I will be retesting throughout the night.

12. Chris & China (GA)

It looks like dropping to that 136 just triggered a bounce.....also, if he went from 136 to 199 in 15-20 minutes, that's a pretty good sign she was either starting to bounce or the last shot was wearing off (or both)

it takes 20-30 minutes for food to get into the bloodstream after it's eaten, so I doubt if the 199 was "too much" influenced by the low carb Fancy Feast/chicken

I seriously doubt if you're going to need to test much tonight, so take the opportunity to get some sleep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.