? What should I do tonight?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by PiePie, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiePie

PiePie Member

Keaton's BG has been pretty low the past couple nights, so we've been skipping the PM shot. Then he shoots up in the morning. We've been decreasing the morning dosage to try and smooth him out.
    I had to leave for a while so I tested him at +10.5 and he was at 125. I left dinner out for him and he's eaten.

Should I retest tonight and maybe give him a shot anyway? We're now at 13 hours past the last shot.

Thanks.

2. Megan and Tessie

Megan and Tessie Member

I don't have a suggestion for tonight, but was wondering if you've tried feeding him around +8 or +9? Maybe test first to make sure he's low and if so, give a snack to raise BG in time for evening shot. I'm sure the pros will be on soon but just wanted to share that thought with you!

3. PiePie

PiePie Member

I just bought some new dry food for the autofeeder, so that might work (assuming they do better with this food). I'm usually gone about 12 hours for work.

4. Megan and Tessie

Megan and Tessie Member

It sounds like many people use wet food in the auto feeders too. I'd be nervous the dry food would be too carby. It really is amazing how many tiny details we have to figure out to get these kitties regulated! Luckily, I work from home most days which makes testing and feeding much easier. I give you and everyone else so much credit for balancing the diabetes and working that many hours outside the home. I know it must be tough wondering what's going on with Keaton when you aren't there.

5. PiePie

PiePie Member

I love my kitties! Thankfully I see him on weekend afternoons :) They would have a hard time sharing a wet food autofeeder (they eat together). We tried Young Again food and I still have PTSD from the daily vomit and diarrhea, so I am trying a smaller dosage of the Dr. Elseys to see if it's more tolerated.

Megan and Tessie likes this.
  6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So sorry we weren't around last night! It was just one of those nights for me. :) I think you want to get that morning dosage to a number where he won't be too low at night. That should help even out the numbers you're seeing. I think if he was at a lower AM dose, hopefully he'd be more like yellows and pinks than reds in the morning. It's hard to know how low to drop (that's always the hard part!). Maybe try 2 and see if that helps bring the PM number down?

7. PiePie

PiePie Member

Will try 2 today and see if husband can maybe feed them a little earlier if he is home. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.