What to do when cat vomits?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Josie & Ripley (GA), Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I fed Ripley breakfast, a new FF flavor. She ate it all, but then vomited a little over an hour later.
    Will this alter her numbers throughout the day?
    Should I try to feed her again?

~Thank you! Josie

2. Which flavor?
    I would see if she might eat a different flavor, one you know she's kept down before. But just a small amount at first.

Carl

3. Josie & Ripley (GA)

She's been eating primarily chicken and turkey varieties. This one was beef. Maybe too rich...

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Have you fed Ripley beef flavors in the past -- even before the FD diagnosis? If not, many cats are allergic to beef. Gabby pukes with beef. Try a different flavor and see if Ripley keeps the food down. It can effect numbers but it depends on any number of factors (e.g., when this was in the cycle, what your numbers look like, if there's a drop, how fast are numbers dropping, etc.)

(I have to say my firsst thought when I saw your subject line was, "Don't step in it!")

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Haha! I almost DID step in it!

This may be her first beef-flavored experience. Definitely sticking with the poultry flavors.

She just ate a small amt. of turkey & giblets FF (her staple for a few days now). I'll definitely keep an eye on her, & feed her a little more soon.

Thanks for the advice!

~Josie

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

My first thought was "Clean it up." :roll: :lol: I hope Ripley is keeping her food down now.
    Liz

7. Josie & Ripley (GA)

You all make me smile :D

R. is doing just fine -- keeping her food down. No more beef for her :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.