Hello everyone - looking for some guidance. I have read multiple threads here and website info elsewhere for my newly diagnosed (as in yesterday) 15 year old, Genghis. She's a spayed female I found as a stray about 13 years ago. Alas, she has been fed an inappropriate diet for most of her life and just yesterday turned up BG of 26 mmol/L or 468 for my American cousins. Vet started her on Purina DM and 2 units Caninsulin BID. She is showing signs of neuropathy, also. I've been reading up on TR and the benefits of using a long-acting insulin like PZI (still trying to source this out of Canada) but if what I've read online is true, I can get Lantus OTC here in Canada. I will work on that or special-order PZI through my vet, if he's willing. I realize the Caninsulin is not the optimum choice but for the moment it's all I have. That said, I need to know what to do for the moment. I have done the following: Removed all dry food from her diet and replaced with low-carb canned as suggested on this site and elsewhere. She is eating reasonably well but seems like she wants to snack. Given her a total of 3 injections (11 am yesterday, 11 pm last night and 10 am today, done without knowing her BG) I purchased a home glucose monitor this afternoon - just can't fathom injecting her with insulin if I don't know her blood sugar -- and just took her BG pre-meal at 7.45 pm (she had not eaten since about 2:00 pm) Her readings were 9.3 (167.4) and 8.8 (158.4) - I took it twice, just to be sure (her poor ear - I'm such a novice!) Her PU/PD seem reduced (cat box tells no lies!) Am I right in thinking the diet has had a drastic impact on her BG and that I should reduce the prescribed 2 units? Or should I wait a bit since she's just eaten and take her BG again and dose her if it's up again? Thanks for any input you can provide - it is much appreciated!