? Wheezly breathing in post DKA post Hypo cat

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tanya and Ducia, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Tanya, are you checking her ketones? If not, you should get some ketone test strips -any pharmacy will have them, and they're not expensive. You just hold the end of it in her urine stream when she pees, or you can use a long-handled spoon or ladle to collect some urine and dip the strip in that. Most of them give you a result in 15 seconds.

2. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

22 ml of water is the total amount of her drinks and meds that we have to dilute in water plus flush some down the tube after each meal and med. In addition to it there is 47 ml of slurry, and in addition almost 1/2 canned food which I water. I will talk to vet.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Tanya and Ducia

i was thinking about about getting those strips. She left the clinic with trace amounts

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Yes, you should definitely get some and test her regularly, since she has already had DKA and had trace amounts of ketones when she left the clinic.

Ask your vet to give you some guidelines as to how much food and how much water she should be receiving each day. That will make it easier on you, by taking the guesswork out of it!

5. Tanya and Ducia

I apologize for posting in the wrong places. It’s simply beyond me. Sorry.

6. Squalliesmom

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. We all know you're under a lot of stress right now. It just that it makes it easier for us to help you when all the current information is in one place (or thread, in this case). :):)

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You weren't posting in any "wrong" places.....just in two separate forums.....the problem with that is that different people tend to watch different forums and with a complicated case like Ducia's, it's a good idea to keep all the suggestions and information all together!!

Tomorrow, you should probably start a new thread here in the Lantus Forum. Go to the top right and click on "Post New Thread"

Then in your subject line, you can put 3/3 Ducia AMPS ### (whatever her number is).....and if you have questions that day, choose the ? "prefix"

In the body of the post (the main part), first put the link to the prior day's thread in.....to do that just "copy" the address in the address bar and "paste" it into the post.....then ask your questions, update us on how Ducia is doing, etc.

Don't worry about it at all!! You've got your hands full with Ducia....you'll figure out the message board later!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.