? When to start the OTJ trial?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Haley&Diane, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Haley&Diane

Haley&Diane Member

Hope everyone is having a great day so far! It's almost Friday! :D

Diane's reduction to a drop seems to be going well so far. I was wondering when I can start considering an OTJ trial?

Don't want to start sooner than I should but also very excited AB her potentially being close!

Thanks in advance!!

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Oh wow Haley! Diane is looking Awesome!! I don’t know about OTJ trials but I can’t wait until you try one! I have a really good feeling about it!!

Haley&Diane likes this.
  3. Haley&Diane

Haley&Diane Member

Thank you!! I'm excited about her numbers but don't want to try too soon and it not work. Was thinking if she stays in greens come Sunday night I may try it next week. But I also don't know much ab the trials and how they work. Lol

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Following your post Haley. LT is like Diane and on a very small amount of insulin. But like you, I'm waiting for the numbers to stay low for awhile. I can't wait to see how your OTJ trial goes!

AmandaE and Haley&Diane like this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) provides some really great guidance on this front! If it were me, if before next week Diane earns a reduction.. I would go straight for an OTJ trial.

6. Haley&Diane

Haley&Diane Member

It's so difficult to measure such a small amount, but it is definitely beneficial to ease them off of it. Hopefully by the end of the year LT and Diane will have completed successful trials! :cat:

Suzanne Burton and AmandaE like this.
  7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'd encourage you to get some mid-cycle checks just to be very sure that Diane is in green numbers during both AM and PM cycles. Given that you're following TR, you would want to hold this dose for a week and then start an OTJ trial if the numbers are still looking this good (i.e. in the normal range).

Haley&Diane and AmandaE like this.
  8. Haley&Diane

Haley&Diane Member

Okay! I will try to get more tests in this week. Hard to do while working 8-5. I do get lunch breaks though so I try to test then. Today she was at 57 +6....wondering if she's dipping lower in the morning (she usually dips lowest at +4 lately)

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Beautiful spreadsheet!:D:D

10. Haley&Diane

Haley&Diane Member

Thank you!! :)