When you gotta go outta town...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by meand4, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meand4

meand4 Member

My little guy is newly started insulin we are on Day 4. Sadly, I need to go out of town for at least 1 night for work next week.

I can get someone to come by and feed him but I dont know if they a) be comfortable or b) they wont be able to stay with him. My concern, esp. with his recent HYPO scare, is giving him insulin and then they cant be around to watch him in case he goes HYPO again. Or that he will run out of food and his blood sugar will drop ...again causing HYPO.

What are the repercussions of not giving him 3 shots of Insulin - a morning, evening and then another morning dose?

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be great, unless he is in lower numbers. But sometimes you do what you have to do.

Any chance your vet supports hometesting and their vet tech be your pet sitter and test and shoot? Sometimes vet techs love extra jobs and money.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Where do you live? City and state only.

There may be a member on this list that can either help or recommend some help for you.

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Agree about where you are.....

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

let's see if we can find a local member who can help you. and talk to your vet about a vet tech coming over, and of course as a last option, what about boarding kitty and making sure the boarding place (possible 24/7 vet office) can take good care of kitty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.