Where can I buy just one Lantus Solostar pen?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ohiogal, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohiogal

ohiogal Member

I called Meijer, Target, and WalMart, and they all told me you have to buy them by the box. Is there anywhere I can just get ONE pen? $25 for one pen is a lot cheaper than $150 for a whole vial!

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's hard to find a pharmacy that'll sell a single Lantus pen, but continue calling around. Some have had luck at small mom & pop pharmacies versus the big chain stores. Others have been successful with pharmacies at University hospitals. The going rate for a single pen is *usually* around $40 - $45.

Good luck!

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

also, check the Supply Closet here, Venita with DCIN recently said she had some available. they are slightly expired but should still be fine as DCIN is darn good with making sure they've been handled & stored properly.

4. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Jill is correct on the price of pens. 5 pens at 45. might have trouble sending in this cold weather. could freeze.
    you are in ohio and I am in PGH. maybe we can work something out

5. ohiogal

ohiogal Member

Thanks, Dian! Maybe the next time I need some. I'll probably run out of Lantus before the package can get here, I'm pretty low now. I'll keep you in mind! :)

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Try a hospital pharmacy, or try one of the warehouse stores. I was able to get just one from a Sam's Club in Columbus.

7. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

I get them one at a time from the pharmacy at Fry's grocery store.

8. Virgil

Virgil New Member

I have, vfsmt@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.