WHere the heck did those 400s come from?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Well after giving me a lovely blue the other night yesterday Autumn decided to shoot up into a range we have seldom seen since we started her on insulin....She went RED!!! What the heck? I haven't seen her in the reds since way back when. So either 1) .15u isn't enough for her or 2) It is still too much for her and she is fighting the insulin, considering she doesn't have a curve right now but a downward slant....Really wish she could talk and tell me which it is.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & The Fur Gang

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Judging by how quickly going back to .25u got her down into the 40s, I would hazard to guess that .2u might be the dose she wants right now - and that she may be teetering on the "too much/not enough" fence until her dental cleans things up.

I don't really know what to tell you except as they head to the OTJ gate the rules go out the window. He can't shoot low to stay low, not always 12/12, not always a steady dose. I see you lowered to .15u on the 95 PS. That is probably what I would have done. Especially with an eye on that 40 earlier.

3. MommaOfMuse

This is where Max spoiled me, he was easy on the "end game" he just simply went "Okay mom enough of this stuff I'm not going to give you a number high enough to shoot" and we were done with insulin. I didn't have to step him down, he went from 1u to .5u to done that easy. So this is foreign territory for me this slow step down.

But I am seeing things in Autumn's overall personality that I saw in Max as well, she is starting to show interest in toys, where before she like loose catnip that she could roll around in but given a toy she had no interest, yesterday she found one of the skitter mice and was happily tossing it in the air and chasing it. When I went to take a nap yesterday she finally came with me to the bedroom and while she wouldn't jump on the bed she clearly wanted up and once I put her up there she slept on my chest for about an hour.

She also purrs easier now, I can simply kiss her on the top of her head now and she will turn on the motor for me. She also has developed a new habit of coming to daddy while he is eating breakfast because she has figured out that he is a soft touch and will share his eggs and bacon with her... :lol: Last night I fixed tuna and noodles and she was dancing under my feet for bites of tuna out of the can, that was the most animation I have seen out of her over food since she first got here and discovered how yummy canned food was and got her weight back up. Don't get me wrong she loves to eat but she has always been so polite about waiting for me to serve her, over the tuna she was demanding that I share with her to the point that while I was draining the tuna and flaking it she was standing on her hind legs and pawing at me. So I know she feels better.

The only draw back I can see to her going OTJ is that the rest of the fur gang are going to miss their daily new toys... :lol: :lol: Sophia waits for me to turn my back for 3 seconds so she can steal the orange syringe cap and bat it all over the house until she either loses it under the stove or I take it away from her...hehehe...Guess if I break Autumn I'm just going to have to go shopping for another sugarcat. ohmygod_smile

Speaking of new family members...we aren't going to be getting the little black boy that my vet took in...his very frantic mommie found him and he went home. Apparently he had gotten out while they were bringing in the Christmas tree and they had been frantically looking for him ever since, so were very relieved that he had been found and taken for medical care. Which while I would love to have another longhaired black guy in the house again I'm glad it worked out from him to find his family and I really don't want another kitten, I love kittens...other peoples. Plus everyone here is now old enough that I think a kitten would just upset the apple cart unless we could take in two so they would have a playmate, and two more is right out.

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Well, it's funny you posted this today because Cami came in and lay down next to my computer chair about an hour ago and has stayed since. I just turned to speak to her and she sat up, looked at my lap and put her paws on my leg so I picked her up and put her on my lap. She started purring immediately and stayed for about 5 mins before jumping down. She is hard to get to purr. Now she is lying stretched out on her side next to me. She normally sleeps on the mat in front of the front door all day. So these are all first for her.

It is so nice when they start feeling comfortable enough to really be themselves, isn't it? I feel that Cami, Autumn and maybe Jeddie were not allowed to do so many normal cat things and/or got yelled at for things like getting on the furniture. I watch Cami walk into the LR when I am sitting and drinking my morning coffee and Leanne is on my lap and Beau next to me and she looks up at the sofa with interest, but no amount of calling her or patting the cushion next to me will get her to come up. It's the same look she just gave my lap so I know she really wants to be up there.

I have to laugh about the Max vs Autumn going OTJ because I have not really had the sudden stopping. Jeddie only got one shot when I first had him, but I assumed it was the change of diet. He ended up back on insulin in 3 months and never came close to going OTJ again.

They are all different.

5. MommaOfMuse

Yeah I think both Cami and Autumn didn't get to do a lot of cat things or at least in Autumn's case a lot of housecat things. Max had some of that too but his was more being a gentleman than being worried about being yelled at or hit for something. He wasn't hard to get up on the furniture if you called him up, but in the beginning wouldn't jump up on his own, Autumn just always looks worried when she is up on something new. The couch was her first thing to venture up on and when she found out it was Ok to be up there she started exploring more UP places.

Now she scales just about anywhere she can climb to, she doesn't so much jump up on things if they are low enough but finds a stacked walkway to them. Like to get to my desk to be tested she goes from the coffee table, to the TV stand, to the file cabinet and then to the top of the desk and then back down to the pull out shelf that I test her on. I'm not sure with Autumn that she can jump very high with her back the way it is, she reminds me of a raccoon the way she walks. Her back has that same arch to it when she walks just like a raccoon.

With all the BBs we have gotten out of her face I know have to wonder if the problem with her back is also related to her being shot. Something else to add to the list of things to have the vet check when I take her in for her Valentine's present. She doesn't seem to be stiff in the back as I have watched her sleep all curled up and fold herself double to groom. And she can straighten it out, but when she walks she arches it.

Today she started out in the high blues and at +6 she is headed the wrong way again she is up in the low yellows <sigh> Really can't wait to see what happens after she comes home from her dental.

6. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

I must have missed more than one post Mel- you have gotten MORE BB's out of her face? I just knew about the one.

Poor kitties- all of them. Sneakers came from a house of pets and she was onto and into everything she could be. She was just tired of being bottom cat and when it seemed I had no cat to take care of she decided she would be that cat- AND be the ONLY cat (or pet).

I just spent 30 minutes talking to the mother of a potential student about the feeding of cats and the benefits of canned food verses dry (they have crystals pop up frequently). Good talk :D.

7. MommaOfMuse

Yep so far we have 6 total all silver so all hopefully from the same shot. Got 3 out of her bottom jaw, 1 from right above her left eye (almost to her ear) and the last 2 I'm not sure where they came from because she spit them out...so either they worked their way out of her mouth or she cleaned them out of somewhere while she was grooming. The problem is her fur is so thick now unless she is really bleeding somewhere I can't find any wounds on her.

8. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Sounds like she's had one heckuva ride, but is finding out what it's like to live "on the good side". She's very lucky to have you caring for her so well. Continued positive vines to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.