? Where to buy a Relion Meter & Low or Zero carb dry food in store

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Vegetable (GA), Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

DH and I are thinking about making a quick trip across the border into Washington State this weekend to pick a new meter for Vegetable. The problem is I cant find the Relion Confirm meter in stock in any walmart that I have looked at :( Is there a huge difference between the Confirm and the Prime? Would it be worth waiting for the Confirm to come back into stock or just pick up the Prime? Is there any other affordable meters and test strips I can look at?

Here in Canada I tried the Bayer Contour next but of course the test strips are $80 a box so that is killing the budget, I also recently tried the GE 2000 but I didn't really like it. It was ok but I found the test strips to be bulky and awkward to use. The cost of the strips was a little bit cheaper, only $60 for a box of 100 strips but still on the pricey side.

Next question, where is the best place to buy the Low or No carb dry food like Young Again? If we make the trip across the border we plan on stocking up since we cant buy that food here in Canada :(

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I have the Relion Prime. It takes a tiny bit more blood than the Confirm, but the strips are much cheaper. If you prefer the confirm and can't find it, try the Relion Micro. It uses the same test strips as the Confirm. I have that one too.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

@Sharon14 Thanks for the info. It looks like I will have to go with the Relion Prime, for some reason the Micro & Confirm are both out of stock at every walmart I have checked :( I wonder if they are being discontinued or a new model is about to come out. Hmmmm, I think I call the walmart pharmacy and find out.

4. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I would definitely call before you go to Walmart - our local one doesn't always update their stock levels and I've looked at the website and seen things shown as out of stock but then gone to the store and they've had them. Though if you do have to get the Prime, that one works just fine too.

5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Young Again could only be bought on line

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
  6. Sharon14

The reason I ended up with the prime was because they were sold out of Confirm and Micro. They have plenty in stock now, so I don't think it's been discontinued.

7. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can only buy Young Again online. You can get Evo Cat and Kitten in some stores, but you'd have to call around to find out which pet stores carry it. Good luck on your shopping trip. :)

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yep, I just switched to the Relion Prime and the strips are 1/2 the price of the Relion Micro. I wish the meter beeped though when the blood drew up and the value is being displayed.

Sharon14 likes this.
  9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You're correct...it's only available online

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you try the Walmart Bellingham - that's where I got my Confirm. If they don't have that, ask about the Relion Micro. Same strips, just a smaller size meter. If it's not on the shelf, it could be behind the pharmacy counter, same as the strips. Or you could shop on line at ADW and have it shipped to a post box across the line. The Arkray Glucocard 01 and Glucocard 01 Micro use the same strips and small blood sample size, are manufactured the same vendor as the Relion and priced even better. The post box notify you when a package arrives.

12. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Young Again Zero Carb is only sold online and EVO Cat and Kitten isn't sold in big box stores, only in more independent pet food stores. You can look for a retailer online before going shopping http://wtb.evopet.com/?new=true I've found many places around me have dropped EVO since they reduced their product line. I need to get it special ordered or order it online.

13. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

The cheapest place I've found for Evo is from chewy.com

14. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to see if I can track down some Evo food.

@Mogmom and Goofus tha me for that link. We sure get screwed with cat food prices here in Canada :( I'm paying about $50 for a bag of natures variety & its smaller then that Evo & it's higher carb.

15. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

Yikes!

16. zzyzzx

zzyzzx Member

I buy Wysong Epigen dry cat food at 800 PetMeds.

17. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

@zzyzzx - How do you like the Wysong Epigen? What's the difference between that and Young Again

18. zzyzzx

zzyzzx Member

I haven't tried the young again yet. I might do that soon since I am interested in if it is different.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  19. Sharon14

I looked up the Wysong. There are several to choose from, which one do you use?

20. zzyzzx

zzyzzx Member

Right now I am using the venison version of Wysong epigen. Mostly that is because the Chicken version gives one of my cats the runs, and they won't eat the fish version any more. If it matters, the Venison version is higher in carbs than the chicken or fish version, but still lower the EVO. Plus they were both losing too much weight on the fish and chicken versions, and annoying me every time I ate, which they never did before The venison seems to be working good too. He eats that inbetween his wet food meals. That plus I have him back on insulin. My other (non diabetic) cat only took maybe 2 weeks to regain her weight and stopped trying to eat my food as soon as I switched her food.

21. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party but wanted to let you know that EVO pet food is no longer available here in Canada. The company indicated they left our market for financial reasons however it may also have been influenced by the recent changes to the Canadian pet food import regulations. I also would caution you that you cannot bring pet food across the US border into Canada unless you have the animal that will be consuming the food with you at the border and there is a limit of how much can accompany the animal. Young Again Zero Carb is only available online. You may be able to get Young Again shipped to you however that too may have changed with the new import regulations and it is extremely expensive when you factor in the shipping costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.