Where to buy Methyl b12 pills in Canada?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by eccentricfuzzyme, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eccentricfuzzyme

eccentricfuzzyme Member

My cat Josie has hindleg neuropathy and I want to try her on methyl B12, but I cannot find a source in my town. I live in Ottawa Canada. I have checked my local human pharmacy and pet store, neither had it. Where do you guys get it? I dont have a credit card so I would rather not have to order it online.

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

You won't find it at a regular pharmacy or at a pet store. Look in a health food/vitamin supply type store. In the US, we have stores such as GNC and The Vitamin Shoppe. There should be something similar in Canada. There are some Canadian sources of methyl B12 here: http://laurieulrich.com/jasper/methylresource.html

Methyl B12 is also called methylcobalamin.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

just go to Shoppers DrugMart .... you can find the B12 methyl little pills there; that's where I got mine.
    If you want to inject B12, just go to your vet; I got a 10ml bottle from my vet.

4. eccentricfuzzyme

eccentricfuzzyme Member

The webber methyl b12 available at shoppers has the folllowing additives:

Lactose, Microcrystalline cellulose, Croscarmelose sodium, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).

are any of them issues?

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

6. eccentricfuzzyme

eccentricfuzzyme Member

well i know it is safe for humans, but in the other b12 thread, people said to make sure it didnt have certian additives. this brand doesnt have any of those specific ones, but since some are issues, i wanted to make sure none of these are too.

7. eccentricfuzzyme

eccentricfuzzyme Member

I bought some today!

8. alittlejohn

alittlejohn New Member

:D Hi, can you tell me where you bought Methyl B12 in Canada? My kittie has neuropathy and I need it for her, but, can't seem to find it made in Canada. Can you help me?Thank you.

9. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Call around to larger specialty Vitamin Stores.

10. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, I guess you found what you needed but figured I'd chime in, in case it can help someone else:) I get mine at the health food/vitamin store, they are the brand Natural Factors and have no sweeteners and no xylitol (which is toxic for cats) in them, here is what they look like (http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=292

11. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Oscar & Mom Sheila Member

Do you give a full pill or 1/2 pill of Methyl B12?

12. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

This is the same form that I have been using for almost 2 years. I buy the 5000 mcg tab (which is 5mg). It comes scored so I cut in in two and give 1/2 of each tab(2.5 mg)..crushed..in each of my two FD kitties food. I pay $17.99 for 60 of the 5000 mcg so it lasts two months. Some people will split the dose and give it twice a day but for me once a day has worked well. I get mine at Vita Health,but I believe this store is only in Manitoba but any good health food store should have it or be able to order in for you.

Oscar & Mom Sheila likes this.
  13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If you decide that you want to try another one (eg. Natural Factors brand) you'd likely find it at Kardish Health Foods or Natural Food Pantry. I live in Ottawa ON too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.