where to buy syringes?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marci and Buddy, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

My regular supplier (Health ware house) is out of the 1/2 marKings 31 gauge for now.
    where else can i buy this?
    thanks.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

10% off from American Diabetes Wholesale (now known as ADW Diabetes and now at http://www.adwdiabetes.com/) now through midnight 7/7/14. ADW0704 ~Venita
    Diabetic Supplies Online | Diabetes Testing Supplies & Products | ADW Diabetes
    www.adwdiabetes.com
    Get your diabetic testing supplies online at up to 60% off. We provide discounts on thousands of diabetic supplies. Save on glucose test strips, blood glucose monitors, insulin pump supplies and other diabetes health products.

3. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

thanks..do they require a script?

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

If your state requires a script I think they require one too.

5. Nancy & Huey

Nancy & Huey Member

Not sure if this is your situation but if you've run out and need syringes on short notice, I was told by a pharmacist that in New York at least, you are allowed to buy up to ten syringes at a time without a prescription. They might give you a pamphlet on the dangers of injection drug abuse :lol: but I thought that was a useful bit of information to have on hand nonetheless.

6. mtmcintire

mtmcintire New Member

Not sure what state you are in, but a script is not required in Florida. Even so, a pharmacy may not sell them to you. The pharmacist at Target did not want to sell me syringes, but then I asked her to call the drug store where I had gotten the insulin. They were very helpful after confirming my need. You can also get a pharmacy to call your vet, or just bring in a copy of the prescription.

I also just picked up a box of SmartSense (generic?) 3/10ml u100 syringes from the Kmart pharmacy. They have the 1/2cc markings. I think they were $20 for 100. The pharmacist recommended them since there was a significant savings over the BD syringes. I haven't tried them yet.
    Good luck!

7. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

thanks everyone--helpful info, as usual.

8. Margaret

Margaret Member

Perhaps you already found the syringes, but I recently got them at Walmart. ReliOn Insulin Syringes, 31 gauge, 5/16 inch needle. 100 syringes (a box of 10 paks of 10 syringes each) for $13 and some odd cents. They did not require a prescription, and I don't get my insulin there.

I had originally been getting these syringes from Walgreens (100 for about $17) but after three trips there, being promised each time that they were "on order," I finally gave up on Walgreens.

Margaret

9. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

that's very good to know for the futeure, thanks.
    yes i did get them already from American warehouse, as was suggested by Larry.
    they w ere great-- fast, cheap, no shipping charge.

10. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I get most of my diabetic supplies from Amazon. I am a Prime member, so free shipping and I get most things in 2 days. I find that they have good prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.