where to order syringes from?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by harrysmom, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

I checked my local Walmart, Target and CVS and none carry the u100 with 1/2 unit markings. Where do you usually order them from?

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

I get mine from American Diabetes Wholesale but I know others that have also ordered them from Hocks.com as well

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

3. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

Did you ask if they could order them for you? My local Target pharmacy always used to order them for me.

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

wonder how many one person can buy at one time. my walmart has always had them every time i go in there to get some. too bad some of us that have them readily available couldn't buy up a bunch and ship them out to some that have a hard time getting their hands on them. i did get 2 boxes this last time instead of 1, so as to lengthen the time between visits to the pharmacy hopefully. seems anymore i'm in there every other week getting a refill on a kitty med. LOL!! though if i went in and asked for 20 boxes of syringes it might raise a red flag :lol:

5. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

They said they could order them but the supplier is experiencing a shortage or something and they would be around $35 which seemed high to me. I will probably just order some from online. I was just hoping to get them faster so I can lower harry's dose easier...

6. MommaOfMuse

When I got mine off American Diabetes Wholesale I think I got them in about 2-3 days, I know it wasn't more than 4 days. They are really quick about their standard shipping. But yeah $35.00 is pretty high. The last ones I ordered ran me $16 for 100

7. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Are these the right ones? I have been using u40 so I just want to make sure I get the right ones...

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.co ... 39_179.htm

8. MommaOfMuse

Well yes and no...those are designed for U100 insulin, but can be used with U40 insulin you just have to use a conversion chart. Musette is a Lantus girl with is a U100 insulin.

However, if you use those U100 syringes and the conversion chart, which I don't right off hand have a link to, but I know someone will over in the PZI ISG. It is easier for you to make smaller increases and decreases.

9. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I use these Monojects The ones you linked to only have 60 per box, the Monojects are 100. If you can afford to buy the 3 pack they are only $13.50 a box.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please check out the supply closet as there are 2 boxes of u40s for free. Only pay for the shipping.
    Lori
    Newbie Kits

12. Kris & Motska (GA)

Kris & Motska (GA) Member

If you're running really low, you might try Walgreens -- I ususally get mine there, but they're $17 for a box of 100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.