where to shoot when you tent

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dian and wheezer, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I have always tented and shot into middle of tent length wise but at a downward angle. I do not go into the bottom of tent. Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Dian, I don't even tent with some cats. Sadie(GA) used to hide behind furniture in the beginning. Misty(GA) used to hate 29g needles before I adopted her so shooting was hard in the beginning, she kept trying to roll over and avoid shots. Now with Kiki I'm lucky if I can get a scruff shot, sometimes it's me chasing her and shooting while moving and wherever the needle lands, it lands.

3. dian and wheezer

thanks Jen. was just wondering cause of a comment booboo kitty made. made me rethink what I was doing

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i tent and stick the needle in, not really paying too much attention to middle, bottom, or angle. as long as i feel it break the skin i'm happy. Mousie's skin. not mine :lol:

5. dian and wheezer

:lol: cindy

6. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I'm with Cindy, tho, mind you, its been several years, but I don't think I ever paid that much attention to the whole thing...

7. MakenzieLove

MakenzieLove New Member

Question for you all - I've heard that you can poke them anywhere a "saddle" would cover - is that true?

Also, do you aim to inject into the space between the scruff and the muscle or into the muscle itself?

8. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Nope, don't shoot into the muscle. You just want to get under the skin. Donna

9. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

The point of tenting is to get the insulin "Sub-Q"....under the skin, not "I-M"....Inter Muscular.

You do not want to shoot into the muscle....that hurts... and affects the absorption rate of the insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.