? Where to shoot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Ive always give my cat a insulin shot sorta in between shoulder blades,back of head/neck area. is that ok to do so all the time or should i change locations? where do you all give yours the shot?

2. Ann and Murphy and Tom

Ann and Murphy and Tom Member

I pinch up a handful of Tom grasping on both sides of his shoulder blades, then inject into the subcutaneous (fat) that I have pinched up. I alternate both sides and all over about a 1.5 in square area on each side. Hadn't thought about it, but people inject in multiple different areas so it is probably true for cats too. Good question...I'll be interested in what the experienced people tell us.

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I do Jones going from the side over the top, in the scruff and then down the other side. I have tried is back flank area and he doesn't like that, so I don't do it too often.

4. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome. resource.jpg
    Here ya go. I do above shoulder. Have a 4x4 patch shaved and work my way around like 12, 3, 6, 9 on a clock.

5. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Side of belly and flank looks like it would hurt?

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree but they say there is little nerve endings so if you hold the needle parallel to the body they don't feel it. No thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.