Where's that post on the upcoming time change?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheri & Spyder (GA), Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

I no can findz it

2. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Here is the post with easy instructions from Vicky & Gandalf from last fall.

3. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

thanx Marcy

I was thinking it was gonna be something complicated, like 15min intervals for 4 days......or something like that :?

4. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

There is that one, too, if you want to do it. I'll have to write it in BIG letters and tack it on the peg board

TIME CHANGE!!

5. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that Marcy! I was looking for Vicky's post earlier this week and couldn't find it.

:thumbup

6. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I have a cat, currently, on .25u so I am not going to try and split dose her. Instead I will shoot a half hour later twice (night before, morning of). In the 7 am/pm example, night of becomes 7:30 and then you set the clocks back so 7:30 becomes 6:30 and another 12-1/2 hr cycle brings you to the new 7am.

When IS the time change? I can't ever remember it since they changed it from the last weekend in October, which was always nearest my birthday (yesterday).

7. Maresydotes

Maresydotes Member

Here is what Sienne posted over on TR in Lantus.

Daylight Savings time ends on Sunday, November 4th at 2:00 AM. For most of us in the U.S., this means it’s almost time to “Fall back.” The time change is rather inconvenient for Lantus Landers because we try so hard to stick to a 12 hour schedule, but we can deal with it. 

If you make no adjustments and just shoot at your regular time on the clock Sunday morning, your AMPS will be 13 hours after your PMPS the night before. This will cause higher BG’s for most cats, as it will partially deplete the insulin depot. Remember shooting late is equivalent to a dose decrease, so if your cat is in a phase where he is running tight numbers or earning dose reductions, this might slow things down. 

If you don’t want to have a +13 in the mix, you can move your time ahead a little at a time to minimize the impact on your cat’s numbers. 

Option A (move in 15 minute increments): pick any 4 days during the week to move your shot time 15 minutes later. This option requires a little planning, but should have very minimal impact on BG’s. 

Example: regular time is 7:00 
    Thursday AMPS at 7:00
    Thursday PMPS at 7:15
    Friday AMPS at 7:15
    Friday PMPS at 7:30
    Saturday AMPS at 7:30
    Saturday PMPS at 7:45 (you will set your clock back overnight)
    Sunday AMPS at 6:45, which is the “old” 7:45
    Sunday PMPS at 7:00, which has you on schedule for Monday morning
    Option B (move in 30 minute increments): pick 2 cycles during the week to move your shot time 30 minutes later. This *could* have a little more impact on BG’s for cats who are sensitive to time changes. 

Example: regular time is 7:00 
    Friday AMPS at 7:00
    Friday PMPS at 7:30
    Saturday AMPS at 7:30
    Saturday PMPS at 8:00 (you will set your clock back overnight)
    Sunday AMPS at 7:00, which is the “old” 8:00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.