Which Arthritis Remedy is Best?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cat Ma, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

Which of the arthritis remedies work best for your cat?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I've only ever used Cosequin and I agree that aren't crazy about the taste. If I only pour in half the gel cap at a time it's less noticeable. I am curious what people have to say about the other brands

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a caplet and I open it and sprinkle it on the food and mix it in. If I do a whole one she doesn't eat it, but half of one she usually will.

Cat Ma likes this.
  4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

have you checked out adequan to help prevent/slow and further arthritis? It works pretty great ...:bighug: (is injection even 4 days for a month then anywhere from 1 shot a week to 1 shot a month-we do weekly as mine are seniors)

5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

No I give both of mine the injection sub Q--you can do in the muscle but don't have to.....
    It is great for slowing the progression... I wish I started a little sooner but even now at 16and 17 they play and are good with 3 flights of stairs....
    You do have to get a script or get it from your vet but check around some mark it WAY up--

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hi Terri, it's good to see you back! (((Hugs)))

I use Cosequin for Squallie, he doesn't seem to mind the taste, but I can't say I've really noticed a whole lot of improvement. However, he's only been on it for about three weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.